It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
(male)

Rick7348 HB User
How Do I Overcome OCD? Please Help

I won't bore you with all the ridiculous thoughts and rituals that I go through everyday. I know you're all going through the same. I think my OCD is worse than most people's. Can someone who has perhaps kicked their OCD rituals give me some advice on how to do it? I spend a lot of time on the internet. I end up downloading things over and over again if I don't hit every key the right way. What is the right way? What does that even mean? Certain times on the clock I decide is bad. 1:01, 3:20, 7:11, 10:10. Their bad for stupid reasons I won't go into. I can't listen to certain songs I want to listen to because they may remind me of sick thoughts. Take Chuck Berry. I like his music. One of his songs was played in "Pulp Fiction." Pulp Fiction is a very violent movie. So I tell myself I can't listen to his music. Things like that are what I'm going through. I'm on medication for illnesses that I don't have which is a whole other story. I know the medication has nothing to do with my OCD because I was struggling with this before I ever started taking the medication. I don't think taking medication for OCD is an option because I don't think it will be covered by my medical plan, and honestly, I don't think medication will solve my OCD crisis. I just need some advice from some people here who are going through something similar to help me. I have so many problems and the OCD is like a weight around my neck. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: How Do I Overcome OCD? Please Help

medication can do wonders for you, don't be embarrassed to talk to your doctor about it.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Rhoda452 HB User
Re: How Do I Overcome OCD? Please Help

We should never hide any thing from a doctor. A doctor is a person that can help you if you are ill. Yes Medication is surely helpful!!!

Closed Thread