It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

alexis44 HB User
I'm obsessed with being sick

My dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was 4 or 5 and I was constantly going to dr's appts and whatnot with him. He was hospitalized for weeks to months on end at some points. For some reason, I love hospitals. I love floors and the bright lights and the smell and the beds and machines- literally everything. He died, and it'll be 2 years in about a month. I've become obsessed with wanting to be sick- which makes no sense because I was there to see how painful and torturous and horrible and depressing it is. But it's becoming a problem, mostly when I'm more depressed than usual. Multiple times a week I google different cancer symptoms, read books about terminal cancer, watch movies about it, etc. When I'm not depressed, it goes to the back of my mind, but I when I am I become obsessed with it. I crave being sick and having someone take care of me and hospitals. And knowing that I'm not nor will ever be sick gets me even more depressed. I don't know what to do about it :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
cancer, obsession