It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

LonSam1982 HB User
Intrustive thoughts or Cheating

Hi, So I know a lot of what is on this board is OCD about intrusive thoughts..but I have this on actual occurrences that have happened and I tend to obsess over these events and end up confessing and ruining relationships with friends and boyfriends…on what usually are minor things that I have worked into something that It’s not. It is soo exhausting and frustrating. I’ve recently graduated and can not even concentrate on studying for my boards. I have been in finally a healthy meaningful relationship for the past 10 months and find myself fixating on an event that happened in the first month we were dating where I made out and slept next to someone else. Nothing more happened.. I feel so horrible and all I went to do is confess…But I know that will only make my OCD worse and then I’ll find something else to fixate on and confess to that. Please help….Dont know what else to do anymore. Having an extremely hard time dealing with obsession urge to confess and getting reassurance...Whole downward cycle..
Helpful responses would be very appreciated...

Last edited by LonSam1982; 12-13-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
(female)

paisleyprincess HB Userpaisleyprincess HB User
Re: Intrustive thoughts or Cheating

LONSAM ....if you are still posting, let me know how you're doing. I, too, suffer from the confession-type OCD. I read somewhere that it is so important that we NOT confess, since others don't understand what we are going through and that will present even more problems. What I do to help myself is say, if I confess to x, i'll have to confess to y, and then z,.........it makes me realize that confessing will never end and this is just OCD talking. Then I say that if I confess problem x, i'll have to confess problem y, and then z, etc....another endless cycle that makes no sense. Trust that this confession urge is just OCD and please do your best to ignore it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread