It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

Adnama26 HB User
Unhappy Neat freak driving my husband away

I have been a neat freak for a long time and somedays are worse then others. I got married 6 months ago to the love of my life and he is very frustrated with me and I don't blame him. I can't stand things on the floor or things to be moved out of place and not put back the exact same way. My husband moves stuff all the time and I get mad at him for not putting it back right or rearranging things different. I can't stand spots on mirrors like in our bathroom I constantly clean it everytime my husband brushes his teeth or washes his hands. I constantly clean the counters for spots as well I can't stand water left on the counter or on our kitchen sink I go through so many paper towels it is ridiculous. He says he gets tired of me following him around the house and correcting everything. I hate crumbs so much we eat mostly at the table can't stand crumbs on the floor or in our bed. We have pets too so I am constantly picking up and sweeping 2-3 times a day I do not like any kind of debris on the floor. I ask that shoes come off feet before you enter even though we have floor no carpet. I find myself straightening our pictures on the wall all the time. This has been difficult because I feel what I do is wrong and its hard on my husband he says I have a problem and I need to get out of it but it is not something I can just stop overnight. I wish I could I cry alot about it because I feel like a burden to him and he is very uncomfortable and does not want to be at home with me sometimes thats how bad it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Neat freak driving my husband away

sounds like you have OCD, obcessive compulsive disorder.....there is a board here for that, check it out....you will probably find similar stories, you're not alone!

Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
(male)

Denv12 HB User
Re: Neat freak driving my husband away

I can relate to your problems.I had rituals that required tidying and straightening things.We all seem to have our own individual "preprogrammed" ocd,thats where each of us as individuals,do things that might vary a little from one person to the next.

Its how to deal with it that needs be addressed.As I'm making progress everyday from ocd these are just things I do:
1)I eat a lot of apples everyday.Nutrients in apples and apple skin are good.
2)calcium type supplements are worth looking into.
3)if you need to cut back on coffee,or,switch to decaf coffee and tea,thats better for you.
4)check if you have any nutrient deficiencies.If you do you should look into it further.
5)practitioners like kinesiologists-applied kinesiology (not the ones who do the 26 excerises) and any practitioner who does muscle testing.That includes some chiropractors.
6)I went to a kinesiologist who also does rebirthing.His techniques during that one treatment helped me.

Basically,anything that eases your symptoms is an option.

Last edited by Denv12; 12-19-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Closed Thread