It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
(male)

rohan1tkr HB User
OCD and anxiety.....peeing my pants!!!

This thing started some 3 years ago when i was 17....Now I'm 20.....

The thing is I just have this thought that I'l PEE MYSELF,like all the time.....All the time.....When im home or alone,it doesnt bother me that much.....But when I'm out....Especially,Like in a social situation or something ....I get this feeling in my abdomen.....I mistake it as a sensation of peeing my pants.......I've had a horrible time dealing with all this......And no matter what i Do....I cant convince myself that all this is irrational......But ya...If im deeply involved into something....Like driving or maybe solving sums or maybe playing some sport it automatically flies outta my head till I'm doing that acticity.......and ya Sometimes it becomes a compulsion to go a toilet....Other times its just pure pure obsession of thoughts......THOUGHTS that just don't go....Thoughts that cause anxiety!!!!

Even after all this ive been very social...Had lots of friends....Had lots of fun....Though at the end of every day almost I've felt frustrated dealing with this.......I've been sitting in class too cos there's compulsory attendance...But all the time i worry about this thing.....

When it all started at 17.....I even had panic attacks....But now i only have them when i go at heights o something,,,That is once fine...But i want to get this anxiety,this feeling in my abdomen,and thoughts outta my mind....I dont have any physical problem with it.....And in the past I've visited a hypnoterapist who tried to treat me with hypnosis...But didnt seem to work......he also gave me some techniques like EFT(where to tap certain parts of your body and say something like your normal,,,blah blah)...but didnt work.....After that i lost hopes that i will ever be normal......

I've always tried that i get it over by myself,so have always postponed the idea of visiting a counselor....But hasn't worked.....Now I'm very frustrated and will soon be looking out for a counselor and or psychiatrist soon.....And ya I've heard a lot about those medicines.....Like tricyclic drugs and SSRI.....But i personally Don't want to be on medication....I'm looking forward to techniques like ERP and CBT....Emotional response prevention and cognitive behavioural therapy.....The problem is I come from a country where there is where little awareness about mental issues.........and also Any person having a mental disorder is considered to be "MAD".....I've told some Non judgemental and good friends about this.....They fail to understand all of this.....While if i told some others...They would think its a joke and rather joke about it........So i don't share all this with them......But there's one more problem....Finding a person specializing in CBT and ERP can be difficult over here.......

Anyways, I'm feeling positive that I'l get cured someday....But time and again i loose hope.....

So,any help,Suggestions,tips,questions would be appreciated....Feel free to share your experiences if by any chance you feel the same.....

P.S. : Sometimes I really have to go to pee many times cos my bladder gets full quickly...... And sometimes i can go without peeing for hours.......but this thought and anxiety is what is causing a problem all the time........!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety disorder, frustration, irrational fear, obsessive compulsive disorder, peeing sensation