It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
(male)

Denv12 HB User
OCD prevents me from doing things.

I posted earlier as an introduction here.Now I would like to explain how ocd affects me.Please read through the list below and if you can relate to it please reply so we can compare notes.

I've had ocd for 6 years.I've been treated for it by non medical practitioners(about 5 different ones since).Its working.I'm making progress.And,I've got cfs which I'm also being treated for by the same practitioner.

In 2006 I had been drinking a lot of cola drinks.I shouldnt have.I should have done so in moderation.i didnt.My food intolerances had been improving when I experienced that candida.Ocd came about shortly ater.

I remember the exact moment ocd started.It felt like a a little electricity ran across the top of my head.I suddenly felt something was wrong.From that moment onwards I knew my life was changing.I went outside to bring in the "junk mail"(supermarket/department store catalogues).I brought them inside,placed them on a bench for awhile.Came back to them 90 minutes later.I felt an intesnse fear when I tried to pick up the junk mail.I just couldnt do it.As the days progressed there were more things I could no longer pick up.So many everyday things around my home had to remain where they are.That included food and drinks in the fridge/freeze.What a disaster.

I started eating apples for the first time in years.I really enjoyed them this time despite having candida causing my tastebuds to make everything taste unusual.As apples were the latest addition to my food intake there were changes of feeling a little better almost every few days and the ability to do somethings at random again.

Imagine a computer virus.It stops you doing things you want to do and things you have to do and,it makes you do things you dont want to do.Talk about similarities!

I had rituals to do things at times,have certain products,etc.Straightening things up alot drove me up the wall.Here's a list of the worst things ocd stopped me from doing:

1)unable to eat food while I'm on my own.
2)unable to prepare/cook food when I'm on my own.
3)unable to put fresh/new clothes on.
4)unable to wash any of my clothes/linen,etc.
5)unable to use food and drinks from the fridge/freezer.
6)unable to move belongings from around my home.
7)unable to remove rubbish and recyclable items from my home.
8)unable to keep my older computer and one before it safe/no updating anti virus,etc.

My home was full of items that had been where they were until I had to move out 5 years ago.Then I had to endure similar problems when I moved into my current address.I didnt move out due to ocd.

I think I've been able to explain how ocd affects me.Its the best description I can come up with.Be assure I understand whats happening to me.

Here's the good news.My current practitioner is restoring my health including reducing ocd and cfs I'm making huge progress almost on a daily basis.Somedays I just can't keep up with.I've lost most of my rituals first then started doing things again including being able to eat a lot whilst on my own but I still need people here for about 15 minutes while I finish my food.And,I do keep track of everything I can do.I keep a diary/journal.

If you think my problems are similar to yours please reply.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread