It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
(male)

Denv12 HB User
Ocd prevents me... relationship issues.

I thought I'd add some information about how ocd affects me in regards to relationships(oops)make that potential relationships.

As I mentioned in my detailed post how ocd prevents me doing things,well,people see me as untidy,wearing worn out clothes that are a little tattered especially my jeans which I've been wearing daily for the last 4 years.My shirt,also being worn for 4 years straight seems to be holding well.Havent had to get out the needle and thread(did I mention I'm a 51 year old male?)to stitch up my shirt yet,my jeans have been regularly stitched.

My clothes are unwashed.This makes my appearance untidy to say the least.I can't hide that.I havent made progress in that area yet my progress is more to do with coping better,eating more food than I normally do when I'm on my own and my overall wellbeing including my mental wellbeing and my body functions better than it ever did.At least I'm eating better.I even put on weight this week.Almost half a kilogram,400grams to be exact.I'm eating a lot of food on my own in the afternoons and evenings.This has happened in the last 5 days and I'm loving it.
I used to eat 3 apples a day now I'm eating at least 8 more per day.

I dont have social anxiety problems.I can hold a conversation.Its just my appearance really puts women off.Even though I'm on facebook I havent put any photos taken since I've had ocd.I just look old and grotty.

I have several carers call in throughout each week,via a roster system.I just dont have a problem talking with them.On the rare occasion where I can't get a carer to visit(if someone can't make it on any day) I pay a homecare company.I still dont have a problem talking with the women that come here on those homecare visits.

I'm sure people see past the grotty appearance.I just get out the photo albums and show people what I looked like when I just had chronic fatigue and no ocd.And,I show people photos throughout my years.

I'm coping with this appearance thing.I dont really see that a woman will see past the grotty look to see me as I really should be.Clean and tidy.Maybe my progress will start heading towards my clothes being replaced with new clothes and washed clothes.

Just thought I'd share this side of my ocd with you.

Regards Chris.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I'll be here online so please say hello on xmas day.

Last edited by Denv12; 12-22-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: needed extra inforation and corrections.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread