It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
(female)

Brittyboo5987 HB User
I can't stop worrying

I am always worried about people dying since I was a kid I have worried nonstop I talk to a doctor but the advice doesn't help every time my phone rings I'm waiting or that call I text my mom everyday and ask if everything is okay I can't enjoy life I'm 23 and feel like I just get by at the end of everyday I think to myself nothing happened today now what about tomorrow, I have OCD with intrusive thought so they don't leave my mind I know it's life things happen but I can't imagine the pain my family means the world to me I can't be happy on live in the moment I don't know where time has gone but I worry ab everyone getting older my parents health my dad has always drink in my mind I fear he's going to have a hear attack my mom a stroke my brother a car accident I think these awful things all the time I can't sleep at night because of it it's almost two am I started googling help and it lead me to this...I've allowed my life to pass me by I don't want to continue to be this way I want to be happy and not worry so much I feel guilt if I don't worry I don't know how to overcome this because you never know what or when things will happen you just know they will

Old 01-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: I can't stop worrying

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering so much and as an OCD sufferer I can relate to what you are going through. The good news is you are trying to get help and that's the first and necessary step to learning how to manage your OCD. The best thing you can do for yourself is to find qualified medical professionals in your area who are familiar with treating OCD and begin therapy and/or medication to address this. Yes OCD sucks, but you CAN treat it and you CAN get back to living your life if you are willing to put some work in to it.

OCD is a condition that has a very real physical cause, our brains have some miswiring in them. Its unfortunate, obviously no one wants to be sick or have a disability or disorder, etc. but we are fortunate enough to live in a time where effective methods of treatment exist.

It may help you to learn how OCD works, both from a biological and a psychological standpoint. There are various resources on the internet and in books where you can find that information, do a quick search for OCD and you'll find links to many of them pretty quickly, including hopefully some in your area. Also speak with your health care provider as soon as possible about getting treatment. And of course you can share your concerns here or with in person support groups of fellow sufferers. Sometimes being able to talk to someone who knows what you are going through can make a big difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
aniexty, dying, ocd, worry