It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

AnniePJR HB User
Post It's coming back... and now it's food

So, I live in this third world country where mental disorders are not very known or accepted. I was first diagnosed when I was a teenager but have gone untreated for most of this past 10 years.

After I ended a relationship that was giving me serious migraines and panic attacks, I found refuge in Yoga, meditation, exercise in general and starting a career a ghostwriter.

i just came back from a 4 day, very extreme hike to the highest mountain of the Caribbean, and I thought it could only help my good mood. But now I find myself obsessing over FOOD. Since I can't do anything but yoga for at least 4 more days, I've been waking up thinking about what I'm going to eat, over analyzing if I didn't eat too much, feeling guilty after I eat, and thinking about my next meal before I finish the current one.

I get anxious thinking about when, where, what I'm going to eat and who's going to see me eat it. I'm constantly thinking about buying laxatives but I've been strong enough to keep away from them so far.

I'm scared, this is not letting me concentrate in my work, and I'm constantly just looking for websites on healthy eating, and exercising, and nothing seems to do the trick.

Aye, I think I'm done with the venting *I need a cup cake*

Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: It's coming back... and now it's food

Sorry that you are in a situation where good mental health support is not as available. Have you done any reading or research on OCD treatment through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? While its obviously ideal to do this with a therapists support there are books available for self directed therapy that could prove beneficial. Do you think you'd have opportunities to seek out care abroad, such as in the US? I know there are a number of OCD support resources in Florida for example.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, eating, exercise, food, health