It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

InsanityInsane HB User
ocd??

Hi
am new here even though i joined a while back i just now getting to post
i think i may have ocd as am worried about being exposed to germs and bugs
i don't want to get ill because of them
i clean everywhere and i wear gloves all the time so i don't pick up germs
its only in the last few days that it has been really bad with it
my husband says i don't need the gloves and that i don't need to clean either
but i feel i do ...also i count 1...2...3...i must buy 3 of set things or ill have a panic attack
unsure if it is ocd not that i want a diagnoses here but just to talk to some one who understands

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: ocd??

I'm no doctor, but what you are describing sounds like text book OCD. Fear of contamination, excessive washing, doing things in set numbers. Sorry to hear you are struggling with this, you are definitely not alone! This is a great place to share your troubles and find help on getting better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

thered HB User

From what you are describing, you have OCD. And in fact, you have the same OCD that I have. It will be okay. You should see a psychiatrist but don't simply jump into the drugs they offer, take a step back and assess the situation. Exercising has helped me to cope with my OCD. Other than that, I have basically trained my mind to be as logical as possible in my moments of compulsion and it helps a bit. I'm here to support you, everything is going to be okay.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
(female)

thinks HB User

You should see someone about, i waited a long time too. It's fearful at first but, it will better. I also buy and do things according to #'s ....... see i could not even write the word #..... i just don't know why......

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Hi, yea it sounds pretty much like OCD to me, I recommend seeing a doctor or therapist it helps a lot believe me. CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) has help me a lot, I found it very effective, if things escalate please seek a doctor and give CBT a try.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
(female)

Vickster24 HB User

Im kind of the same as you thinks, i can write numbers but only if there are even, i cant stand odd numbers, if the tv channel is odd i can not watch it, volume is odd i have to turn it up or down, and i get all panicky at the thoughts of having a child in a odd month of odd year :/ i wont even go there with my hands, i cant touch anything public i use my elbows and i have to was my hands 5 times just to make a glass of water which is weird because 5 is a odd number but i see it as even due to 5,10,15,20 (dont ask why) i can control it better now, i will shake someones hand and not pull a face till i can wash them kills me inside but i can do it but not with numbers

Closed Thread