It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

notmyrealname23 HB User
Health anxiety

I'm completely obsessed with a health scare I had a few years ago. I had one of my ocd hypochondriac drs visits and when normally he would say "oh, it's nothing, are you managing your anxiety? blah blah blah", he said, well maybe we should run some tests. So I am immediately panicked.....like, can't eat, sleep, work...etc. Well, everything came back normal. Nothing wrong with me, and no explanation of the symptoms(I couldn't have faked/imagined them if I wanted to) and now, years later, I am still completely obsessed.

I have expressed my concerns to my dr, and I get the routine "are you managing your anxiety?" again, but I just cannot get over it. I've had ocd since I was about 7 years old, I've dealt with it my whole life, so I am fully aware of what my mind is capable of, but I still can't get over it.

I am driving my family crazy, I literally make myself sick sometimes with fear and it is always, ALWAYS on my mind. Always. It is stealing the good from my life, like a dark cloud hanging over me all the time and I don't know what to do.

It is helpful to me to read similar stories, helps me put things into perspective...and since I am NOT "managing my anxiety" with meds because that's a who other set of worries, I'm hoping someone here can relate?

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-29-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Closed Thread