It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
(male)

Taylorrrr HB User
Need help with OCD

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder. I have always had weir obsessions that I have had to do like skipping stairs and wearing certain bracelets all the time or something bad will happen.

However these past few months things have gotten worse. I do a certain routine at bedtime, and I have to wear the same exact thing to bed every night or I feel like I will die. I have bracelets that I can't take off or I feel like something bad will happen to me. I'm not sure of this is OCD or not and of anyone else has ever felt this. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? It keeps me up at night. Please someone help me with this.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

Sotiredofit HB User
Re: Need help with OCD

Well, the way I view it, you had ocd. Need medical help. I have it too. Sometimes, the disease decreases, sometimes gets worst. It is necessary know it and be aware of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User

What you are describing certainly sounds like OCD. Its treated in pretty much the same way as depression, anxiety, panic disorder etc. Both therapeutically and medication wise its likely you'd be doing much of the same thing. Definitely something you should talk to your doctor and/or therapist about if its becoming a burden for you. They can help you learn how to gain control of it just like you can for depression and panic. It'll involve hard work at times and patience but the pay off will be a better life and is well worth it.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
(female)

paisleyprincess HB Userpaisleyprincess HB User

You have a classic case of OCD and you are not alone. There are many others out there who share your symptoms. Please see a psychologist/if you don't know one, please ask the nurse at school for a referral. By talking and taking meds, you will be able to control your symptoms and live peacefully without the rituals taking over. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.

Closed Thread