It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

ughOCD HB User
Intrusive thoughts

I get inappropriate and intrusive thoughts that I know I will never do. When think rationally I know this. However, I feel terrible when I have these thoughts. Very uncomfortable to say the least! Then almost every time I question weather or not did anything wrong.

I try to go over every detail. If I do not remember I panic and try to relive the moment over and over. When I do not remember the order of things I think that I must have blacked out or something. My biggest fear is that I am deluded disgusting human being. Also right now a stay at home mom which makes everything worse. Please help me!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
(female)

jackee88 HB User
Re: Intrusive thoughts

I promise you are not a deluded disgusting human being. One of the basic, bottom line characteristics of these thoughts is that they only happen regarding the people and things you love the most.

For me, it started out as what they call religious OCD. I was constantly compelled to curse God and the Holy Spirit and even think weird things about them. This started when I was 16. For years, I drank alcohol because I was convinced I was going to Hell and needed to escape that fear.

I turned the alcoholism over to God, got involved in church, everything was going great, and then BOOM. It started happening again. But this time it was inappropriate thoughts about people I really care about. It's almost like I was doing it on purpose. I seemed to be absolutely COMPELLED to think the worst things I could come up with. I was convinced that I was worthless and that no one would love me if the knew these things about me. I began having panic attacks and just wishing I was dead.

I did two things: I continued reading my Bible and talking to God (although I was so completely depressed that I didn't even want to) and I went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with OCD (which I had already figured out was wrong with me) and was prescribed medication. All of this is helping tremendously.

There is HOPE for you. I do not even know your name, but I will be praying for you. The bottom line is this: The type of OCD we experience is based on the fact that the very thoughts you fear are the ones you are compelled to have. You FEAR the thoughts. As long as you are as terrified of them as you are, you will continue to have them. I urge you to pray about this, and I urge you to read God's word. I will pray for you as well. God's word says if two or more are praying for a certain thing in Jesus' name, it will be granted. I will be praying in faith, and if you pray too, I guarantee you, you WILL see results. Please have faith.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-24-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

ughOCD HB User

Thanks so much for the reply! Have you ever had to go back and rethink the situation? I always do only to find I can not remember every detail.

I can not get over the thoughts in my head. And I go over every scenario just to find no answer. Then I have to assure my self.... it still does not comfort me!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 11-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
(female)

jackee88 HB User

I have definitely had that same problem. I will give you an example. I used to be convinced that if I did not pray a prayer in a certain way and using certain words, God would not hear me. So after I prayed, I would go back and try to remember if I had said everything exactly right and used all the right words. Of course, I could never remember every detail, so I ended up repeating prayers over and over again just to make sure I got them right. It drove me nuts! Sometimes, the problem will try to sneak back up on me and still happen, but not nearly the way it used to when this all first started. God has helped me so much with all of this. I could never have gotten through this without him!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Hi everyone. I also struggle with coping with intrusive thoughts, however after I underwent a successful CBT, now it is easier for me to cope with them. One of the most important things I have learned is that intrusive thoughts aren't your thoughts and is very helpful to identify any intrusive thought as an OCD thought not your own. Also do not ruminate over those thoughts it will just get a lot worse, let them through they cant harm you, they are not, in anyway, your own desires neither your own thoughts it is just an anxiety disorder.
Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to TrainOfThought For This Useful Post:
ughOCD (02-11-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
(female)

paisleyprincess HB Userpaisleyprincess HB User

The torment of OCD thoughts is taking hold in your mind. You must not pay any attention to them. I know it's very hard. There are many people who experience the same issues as you. You are not alone.
Your brain is malfunctioning and it's not your fault. Please be upfront about all your worries and anxious thoughts to a psychologist/psychiatrist and I'm certain you will find some relief. And don't be afraid to open up to them....they've heard everything and will know how to help. These are the years you need to be happy and have awesome times. When my kids were young, I battled depression and OCD. Now I feel as though I missed out. Don't make the same mistakes as I did...there is better understanding of the disorder and tons of reasons why you should be seeking help. Good Luck and let me know how you are doing.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-19-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Closed Thread