It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
(female)

thinks HB User
meds

I've been taking more meds than my direct dose. Anyone do this? I just feel crazy sometimes. I don't what i can do in the moment. So i just more. I'm going to speak to doctor about it, but she won't happy.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: meds

Its never a good idea to take more medication than you have been prescribed and talking to your doctor is definitely the right thing to do. In addition SSRI's are slow acting so taking more of them to try and combat how you are feeling now isn't actually going to affect you, other than making you feel like you are doing something.

I know its tempting to do what you are doing, I've been tempted too and given in once or twice in the past, but I hope you will take this as an opportunity to talk with your doctor and work on some additional techniques that you can use instead of just the medication. Have you tried any therapy for your OCD?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

thinks HB User

Hello, thanks for replying. It has been such a rollercoster. I stop them, start them up, so it's working them in my system all over again. I don't really have an answer for that, but for taking more ...... i just think it relax me more. But it's not. I talked to the doc today......er she wasn't happy, and only gave me enough so i don't " abuse " it. I felt like a junkie, as i was talking. This isn't me was all i could think. But it is me i guess. I do do therapy , but it's talk. ......

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-14-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User

You did the right thing by talking to your doctor. If it was SSRIs then it was probably more of a psychosomatic response to taking more that caused you to feel relief than the medication actually doing anything.

For the therapy talk based therapy can be useful if its cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). This would involve learning how to be more aware of the anxious thoughts you are having and actively working to avoid compulsive responses to them. It can be very effective in treating OCD and you might want to read up on a bit and/or ask your therapist about it. If you aren't doing CBT based therapy I would recommend finding a therapist who does.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
(female)

thinks HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksea View Post
You did the right thing by talking to your doctor. If it was SSRIs then it was probably more of a psychosomatic response to taking more that caused you to feel relief than the medication actually doing anything.

For the therapy talk based therapy can be useful if its cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). This would involve learning how to be more aware of the anxious thoughts you are having and actively working to avoid compulsive responses to them. It can be very effective in treating OCD and you might want to read up on a bit and/or ask your therapist about it. If you aren't doing CBT based therapy I would recommend finding a therapist who does.

I have mentioned cbt to her, but I'm not sure if she thinks that because i have pure o , that it wouldn't the same or she's working to approching it. I could not afford to pay a therapist that specializes in cbt. The doc wants me Risperidone, so i took it last, and of course today i feel weird. I stopped it before, because of this feeling way. I have be able to function ....... i feel lost.

Last edited by thinks; 02-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
(female)

paisleyprincess HB Userpaisleyprincess HB User

Please take the advice of dksea.

Closed Thread