It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

thinks HB User
question

The other day my doc, said that maybe the reason i don't want to take my Risperidone, is because i am obesessing over the side effects, and thinking they are happening. But i know what and how i feel on it. It really makes me out of it. I don't like it...... but i knowthat need this med or one like it, to help my pure o. I don't want take it, but the thoughtis are so intense when i don't, but when i take it ...... i feel so foggy i can't think. Maybe that is the point? Will the effect change if i take it longer?...... dealing with it now is sucky.

Last edited by thinks; 02-15-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dksea HB Userdksea HB Userdksea HB User
Re: question

Have you taken any SSRIs like Prozac or Zoloft? Usually they have fewer side effects and are frequently used for treating OCD. Are you seeing anyone for therapy? Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has been shown to be effective for treating OCD as well.

Two books I've found helpful are Brain Lock and The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
(female)

paisleyprincess HB Userpaisleyprincess HB User
Re: question

If you've taken SSRI's and they haven't helped, maybe the doc was just trying to do the right thing. Prozac helps me a tiny bit, but most of the hard work i have to do myself. I can understand that if you're feeling totally out of it, you're either dosed too high, or it's making you anxious. Anxiety is a side effect of many meds. Check it out. Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread