It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

lily121 HB User
Question why do i do this?

I have ocd and I don't know if this has anything to do with it. If someone says something to upset me or make me mad, I write down what they said and/or our whole conversation. I don't know if I'm afraid I will forget the things, or maybe I think I will need the information later? I ask because the fact that I do that seems kinda weird.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dv8er HB User
Re: why do i do this?

hi lily,

a couple quick questions... what do you do with the conversations after you transcribe them? are they typed or handwritten? what would happen if a particularly bothersome event took place that made you really upset, but you couldn't write it down because, say, your laptop died or you ran out of paper? what would that experience be like? lastly, does this keeping track of things negatively impact your social functioning, work/school performance, family life, etc.?

soo...it kinda sounds like you're journaling or writing in a diary. i don't think that's weird at all!

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-24-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
(male)

yingyang1 HB User
Re: why do i do this?

I have kept things that have been said. Its usally something important, a joke, a qoute or something along those lines. I just kept something recently with a conversation i had with an ex gf that ended up badly. We might doubt our own memories about things and we feel more secure if we keep a record. It might be a problem when we let it rules us though, we might become to dependent on record keeping and act obsessively about it.

Closed Thread