It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
(male)

Rolltide15nc HB User
Wow! Just found this site

Wow! This may be hard to believe I really have done very little into researching my illness. I am 43 years old and married with kids. I have had OCD as long as I can remember. I've been married over 20 years....unbelievably. Reading all the posts is so refreshing. I had always thought OCD was more about washing hands and being germaphobic. These have never been my issues. I just thought mine were more unique. I had never heard of rocd until tonight. I can remember being at my reception panicking that I had made an awful decision. What was I doing? Over the marriage I have over and over again thought I didn't love her anymore. I have always been hypercritical. She doesn't workout enough, doesn't clean enough, doesn't raise the kids right you name it. Why she's still with me I don't know. I have numerous muscle twitches I do. If I stop one another just takes its place. Currently I quickly contract my abs and make like a grunting noise. My biceps twitch and I curl my lip to the left sometimes when I talk. These things drive me absolutely nuts! However, even though I do these stupid things if someone smacks when they eat or crunch ice or whatever it drives me crazy!
I'm a workout and fitness fanatic pretty much. I'm obsessed with perfection. I never look good enough or abs lean enough and unfortunately my wife is never good enough or fit enough. I'm critical of the things my kids eat or do. I've never really told anyone all these things but i feel relieved that maybe I'm not alone. I hope there is hope. I've always thought there was a stigma with taking those kinds of meds so I've avoided them but I'm taking Zoloft and hoping for the best. I've got tons more I'd love to talk about but won't bore y'all.

Last edited by mod85; 04-01-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
(female)

allisonrenee HB User
Re: Wow! Just found this site

ocd comes in any forms, i have learned. i too thought of OCD as behavioral, not so much psychological. this site is certainly helpful. good luck in your marriage and i look forward to reading more posts!

Closed Thread