It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
(female)

Jasminetxx HB User
Is this rocd/relationship ocd??- Please somebody reply!!

Somebody please help me, im so worried that i feel i have fallen out of love with my boyfriend of 8 months. He is without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened to me. I suffer with OCD and hypochondria. We have been completely fine for the past 7 and a half months, i was so in love with him then he was round a couple of weeks ago and for a split second i felt 'bored' so me being a worrier i started googling what this could mean, like i always do, however all the sites i was looking at were saying 'this could be the beginning of the end' this hurt me so much inside i repeatedly spent days crying and i physically couldn't attend college.

I saw him the next day after the thoughts first went into me and first everything was fine then as the day went on my thoughts start to sink further into me and i got so distressed that evening that I tried ending it however him, knowing how much of a worrier i am, would not let this happen so we continued our relationship. Days after this i cried and cried because he is such a perfect guy, he is everything i could ever want and i dont want any other guy, i know i dont. He is my best friend and without him i feel like nothing.

In the following 2 weeks i repeatedly tried ending it and sometimes ringing him through out the day breaking down and as the days went on i found that i would look forward to seeing him then when he is with me i just start getting all down because i look at him and feel absolutely nothing towards him however i know that i just want to be with him forever if i had that choice. My brain overthinks like crazy and whenever i seemed to find a symptom of falling out of love id then seem to feel that way about my boyfriend. I feel like if i ended it this feeling would go away but i don't want to end it, he is perfect.

At first i put it down to just coming out of the honeymoon phase of the relationship but i knew that wasnt the case however i think i have just come out of it and thats why my brain starts to think these things. He is the guy i would love to marry so why am i feeling like this and keep getting these thoughts? i get them and overthink them and end up getting so anxious with shivers and knots in the stomach and loss of appetite. This is my first proper relationship aswell so i have nothing to compare it to which in this case is not in my favour, i just really want things to go back to how they were with him because i miss them so much and he is so patient in this situation he is supporting me and is willing to wait however long for me. We are both 18 and he is bessotted to me. I trust 100% but why am i feeling like this?

Last edited by Jasminetxx; 04-28-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: missed out a word

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, depression, ocd, relationships, rocd