It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

brandongem1 HB User
Unhappy Can't cope with rOCD anymore

It is literally killing me. I have been with my girlfriend for a year and 2 months but know I feel absolutely NOTHING for her . I do wish I could be happy and marry her one day and spend the rest of our lives together but I just don't know what to do anymore.

I've also began noticing "major" problems in my relationship that I usually see a silly or stupid the next day which reassures me it is OCD and not me (although I haven't been diagnosed yet).

So what do you do when you don't feeling anything anymore? I dont know what I am fighting for now and I am worried that it might be my actual feelings that have changed towards her.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
(male)

brandongem1 HB User
Re: Can't cope with rOCD anymore

Someone please help me . I dont want this to be the end of my relationship but i dont know what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
(male)

TrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB UserTrainOfThought HB User

Hi, I strongly recommend to seek for professional help ASAP. It looks like OCD, and it surely is tormenting you, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to reach out for help. My advice is to seek for Cognitive Behavior Therapy, it has been proven to be very effective treating OCD. Besides that, there are tons of OCD self help related books, try them, they had help me a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to TrainOfThought For This Useful Post:
brandongem1 (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
(male)

brandongem1 HB User

Hi, unfortunately as much as I want to seek medical help I am still a young teenager. I have gone to the doctors before and they put me up for counselling (I left out some important points such as that I actually believe it is OCD for a start. I was hoping that the doctor would have recognised it without having a bias opinion although I regret that decision now.), but I do not know when this will be.

The only people that know of my assumed OCD are all of my school friends and my girlfriend, as I fear that adults (especially my parents9) will judge me and laugh at me and give me the old "you've just stopped loving her" talk which I do not want to hear. Plus rOCD is not widely recognised as no one that I kinaow of has ever heard of it.

Obviously this puts me at a BIG disadvantage as I am stopping myself from getting the help I need and my OCD has and IS getting worse. Any advice on my current situation would be greatly appreciated.

Also how do you tell the difference between the OCD persona and your own true feelings? I know people say it is when you know you don't want it but it is hard to tell with this kind of thing as people fall out of love all the time when they don't want to. I am showing very strong signs of falling out of love but also showing strong signs of OCD so I am very confused (but I must stress that I DON'T want to fall out of love.)

Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
(male)

I am so sorry to hear that. I still encourage you to talk about this with your parents. To be honest it kind of happened to me too, after 7 years of suffering I discovered (thanks to the internet) that I had OCD, so I went to a psychologist, she made me a bunch of test and it turned out I didn't had OCD. After some time in psychoanalysis ( that i went for the wrong reasons) and with no good solution, I was still convinced that I had OCD. My parents, friends and even my doctor told me that I was deceiving my self thinking I had OCD and that it was the fault of the things you read on the internet. To make the story short I went to another doctor a psychiatrist, and in fact I had OCD after that I was put on CBT and everything got a lot better.
I tell you this because no matter how ugly things get or what people think about what are you going through, there is no one that knows better than you.
OCD can get a lot worse if it isn't treated properly and in time. I encourage you to seek for treatment before it gets worse. Now it can be ROCD later can be all sorts of painful obsessions and compulsions.
Regarding about how to know if it is OCD persona or yourself, well you know when it is an obsession when you have those battling thoughts or when it extremely distresses you, the thing is that obsessions are so confusing that it is easy to get lost in them. Thats why it is important to face them or in another words face your fears, but for that it is important to have a therapist to guide you through , in a nutshell that is CBT, facing your obsessions.
Hope this reply can help.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
(male)

brandongem1 HB User

Hi, I have found out today that the cause of my OCD is that I am insecure about my relationship. My girlfriend has recently started going out with her friends more and this is causing me to he depressed and sad and feel like I'm not as special to her anymore. So now that I know that the root of my problem is that I am insecure, do I combat the ROCD or the insecurity?

Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
(male)

Hi, well thats a big step, you are understanding more about your anxiety thats good. OCD fuels from fears, if you understand and face them then OCD will lose its grip.
If you haven't realize you just imply that your girlfriend means a lot to you, so there you go

Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
(male)

brandongem1 HB User

Thanks again for the reply. I was wondering how I can face this fear of not loving my girlfriend directly? as i know that doing this will most likely get rid of this case of rOCD. Lately it feels like I am doing nothing, like I should be fighting to improve my OCD instead of just sitting around suffering. I am ready to face my fears full force even if it means it will put me through a hard time. So how could I do this?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
(male)

It is most likely that you need a therapist to guide you through this confrontation of anxiety. You could also seek for some self help books about OCD, in my personal experience they have help me a lot, so give them a try, they contain some useful tips and exercises to deal with OCD and all of its types

Closed Thread