It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
(male)

elborino HB User
Help: have i got ROCD?

Hi there i am new to forums but i feel the need to post as i am becoming desperate to see if anyone can empathise with me.

I have been suffering with what doctors have said is anxiety and depression for 18 months now and am struggling to deal with it.

It started out by being convinced i cheated on my fiance, my mind told me i had done it and i was doing ocds at the time.

At the moment i have 10/11 days of happiness and comfortable state but then have 5/6 days of sheer anguish, during this time i suffer from what can only be described as something strange. I still feel i have cheated and feel guilty and horrible, on top of this everything i do in a day i analyse and have to know what i have done. What i ate for breakfast all week, what i watched on tv every night, where i went every day etc. it is with absolutely everything i do and say. I also feel like i wasn't with the person i was with, its like a depersonalization and dream-like state.

On a good 10/11 days i do not feel like ive cheated and do not analyse anything so when it turns into a bad patch it is really bad.

I have been seeing a counsellor for 6 months and taking fluoxetine for a year but i am still suffering. I have also tried self-help techniques like exercise, relaxation and healthy foods but on bad days i feel like i have cheated on that day when i havent.

Me and my partner were incredibly happy before all this and i would never even look at anyone else let alone be with some one.

Please help me as i feel i cant cope much longer especially since its effecting my relationship and as there are other bad issues in my life at present.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread