It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Need some help

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 09:08 AM   #1
Tx6686
(male)

Tx6686 HB User
Need some help

Hello everyone im a 30 year old male. These past few months I've had joint issues where I injured my wrist and even neck in a matter of a couple of months which was odd. I just atteibuted it to maybe working out too hard. A few weeks ago I Went to the doctor after a week of really bad body aches that were terrible mostly in lower body and upper body joints. Really bad stabbing pains that go and come .Said i might be fighting an infection CBC and metabolic panel came out normal . It's been three weeks and I still have body aches but primarily in joints now like hips, knees , wrist and even some random head aches that come and go. Also not sure if relevant but the bad aches started on a cold front the came in a few weeks ago and gets worse when another front comes through and settles down some after. To make things worse I have bad health anxiety which I don't know if it is making things worse but my sleep has gone bad and terrible brain fog as well the past couple of weeks. I'm exhausted and frustrated. Anyone have any insight or what might be going on?

Last edited by Tx6686; 01-04-2017 at 09:10 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Tx6686:
movielover40 (01-11-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
Tx6686
(male)

Tx6686 HB User
Re: Need some help

Still having the same problems now I've been having stomach problems I had loose bowel movements then I had constipation for a few days already with small bowel movements. I've also been getting cold hands and feet a lot . My mind is all over the place and my body aches are coming and going now rather than persistent all day.Are they just symptoms of having anxiety ???Any input would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #3
justadude
(male)

justadude HB User

I suggest seeing a p h y s i a t r i s t this type of doctor incorporates physical therapy.I have had stabbing and shooting pains at times.I did get relief.
Remember this is not a psychologist.
Many people get these two doctors confused.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi...i suggest you start with your GP for a complete work up including vitamin D, B vitamins , calcium and anything else nerve related. Get autoimmune marker testing, inflammation markers, etc.
Have stool testing to rule out an invader....they can sometimes cause nerve related problems.
Have you had an xray of your arm injury?

Regarding yiur working out.....are you on a specific diet, and what supplements are you taking?

If all is clear on the stool testing, get referred to a gastroenterologist.

Is there anyone in your family who has ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohns disease, raynauds..etc?

Any testing you have done, make sure you get copies and keep them for your records.
While it could be a simple issue such as food intake or over working out....something is amiss in a serious way.

Please keep us updated.

q

Old 01-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
Tx6686
(male)

Tx6686 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
I suggest seeing a p h y s i a t r i s t this type of doctor incorporates physical therapy.I have had stabbing and shooting pains at times.I did get relief.
Remember this is not a psychologist.
Many people get these two doctors confused.
Hope this helps.
Thank you I will keep that in mind , I will be going back to GP and discuss more things again

Old 01-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
Tx6686
(male)

Tx6686 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Hi...i suggest you start with your GP for a complete work up including vitamin D, B vitamins , calcium and anything else nerve related. Get autoimmune marker testing, inflammation markers, etc.
Have stool testing to rule out an invader....they can sometimes cause nerve related problems.
Have you had an xray of your arm injury?

Regarding yiur working out.....are you on a specific diet, and what supplements are you taking?

If all is clear on the stool testing, get referred to a gastroenterologist.

Is there anyone in your family who has ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohns disease, raynauds..etc?

Any testing you have done, make sure you get copies and keep them for your records.
While it could be a simple issue such as food intake or over working out....something is amiss in a serious way.

Please keep us updated.

q
Thank you for all your input . I need to get back with my doctor again . I'm not on a specific diet I just try to eat the best I can and eat more protein and supplement with only protein powders . I am diagnosed with hypertension so I'm taking meds for that . My brother had some ulcers for awhile but that's about it when it comes to gastro problems. Also I never got an X-ray of my injury

Old 01-24-2017, 11:55 PM   #7
RometheMighty
(male)

RometheMighty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx6686 View Post
Anyone have any insight or what might be going on?
Honestly, I think you are overthinking this. Stop working out for two weeks, (other than yoga or light cardio), eat more of everything healthy than normal, and get LOTS of sleep AND REST!!!

I really think you might just be pushing it too hard without restoring your body.

Reply Reply