It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #1
(male)

SteelPoet HB User
Post Unknown Problem, can someone solve??

Ok, my dad has been sick for MONTHS...many many months...he's been to 2 or 3 doctors and a hospital and all they do is give him pills because they have no idea what it is. We're taking him to a ear-doctor next to check for inner-ear infection and if that doesn't work we're trying ancupunture.

Here are the only symptoms.

1. Extreme dizzyness
2. Nausia and vomiting
3. Acid Influx...at least I think that's what it calls...it's like he has really bad indigestion.

He's had everything checked out and nothing seems to be wrong. heh

Has ANYONE here had this or known someone who has?? If so, was it cured? How? I'd appreciate anyone who can help please...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2002, 11:36 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Extreme dizziness with nausea can be caused by mennieres disease which is usually diagnosed quite quitkly. If he has this dizziness for months then he should have long since been seen by an ENT doc. As for the acid reflux aka GERD (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) there are many medications to help take care of this. He should avoid foods that he finds makes it worse and he may benefit for sleeping with the head of his bed up a little bit. This can be accomplished either by putting blocks (blocks of wood) under the legs at the head of the bed or by buying one of those wedge cushions you see advertised to help raise your head up for reading or easier breathing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2002, 03:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
or its possibly stress/anxiety, its best he gets diagnosed as lots of diseases have same symtoms good luck

Old 09-16-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Inner ear infections can cause most of those symptoms esp. if the infection has spread toward the brain lining [meninges] or sinuses. Inner ear infections are difficult and very time-consuming to treat because the inner ear has very little blood flow and the blood circulation system is what delivers the antibiotic to the location. If this is what you father has, he might need antibiotics for several months.

Caution: Some antibiotics actually cause inner ear damage. This is rare, but it does happen. Ask your doctor/pharmacist for 'full prescribing' information or look up any future meds on a reliable drug database.

Here's the MedLinePlus drug database link on one such antibiotic:

MEDLINEplus Drug Information Cephalosporins (Systemic)http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/202119.html

Closed Thread