It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2002, 01:09 PM   #1

Drew H HB User
Unhappy Drinking Effect...

Hey All --

Way back when i used to party more on the weekends when i was younger.. i could drink 6-8 beers or more, and of course i'd feel gross the next day, but by mid day i'd be alright and energetic again.

Now if i drink 3 beers on the weekend, i wake up in the morning and it feels like everything has gone to my brain. I can't really explain it.. i just feel insanely poisoned, confused, and dizzy for the entire day.

Why is this? Wouldn't my body be strong enough to get rid of the alcohol.. and especially such a little amount overnight? I drink lots of water in between the beers as well and before i go to sleep.

Is this some kind of metabolic disorder?

Thanks --

Jay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Aging, dehydration, liver problems, hypoglycemia, fatigue plus many other possibilities.

Regards,
Jay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Drinking causes dehydration so be sure you drink plenty of water when you get home after drinking. It also depletes your blood sugar so be sure to eat something with some protein before you crawl into bed and this should help you feel better in the morning. Just remember though if you are drinking wine don't drink water the next morning right away as it may make you feel drunk all over again.

Old 09-15-2002, 12:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

friendlione HB User
Drinking alcohol of any kind kills brain cells and is destructive to the liver. One cannot keep drinking without finally going too far with these organs. I suggest seeing a doctor to check out your liver function, at the very least. After all, alcohol IS poisonous.

[This message has been edited by friend (edited 09-15-2002).]

Old 09-15-2002, 07:11 AM   #5
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
Wink

Sorry,No sympathy here! Don't drink......

------------------
SnowyLynne

Old 09-15-2002, 11:26 AM   #6

gracieathome HB User
If you no longer drink like you used to your tolerance has gone down. When I was in my 20's and drinking often I could go all night and never feel bad. Now I hardly drink at all, 2 beers will give me a buzz, and if I drink too much I feel like hell the next day. My advice.....take it easy, dont overdo.

Old 09-16-2002, 05:37 PM   #7

mydog8mybrain HB User
Well pal - welcome to the world of growing older! Trust me, it gets worse as you go along. Eyesight, hearing, sex drive. No biggie - happens to all of us.
Good luck

------------------
Those who dispense tough love to their children now should be prepared to receive same back from them in 30 years.

Closed Thread