It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2002, 05:09 AM   #1

patti11078 HB User
Post contact lense stuck behind eye

My contact lense has been stuck behind my eye now for almost an hour. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it out?

Old 09-16-2002, 05:12 AM   #2
Veteran

ana_24 HB User
First of all don't panic! It happens! Just stay calm, and move your eye up and down until it slides back down. Also, try lifting your eye lid as much as you can and see if you can see the contact lens. If you can, try to use your finger to pull it down. Other than that, I don't have any magic solutions. It will come down eventually.. i know it's a pain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2002, 05:16 AM   #3
(male)

unhealthy HB User
Ouch. Maybe you should invest in glasses?

Old 09-16-2002, 06:10 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Yes usually you can move them down by placeing your finger on your eyelid and gently moving it back into place. This is something they should have discussed when you were fitted with contact lenses though so shame on your eye doc if they didn't do this.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:14 AM   #5
(male)

unhealthy HB User
I thought aboit getting contacts until my friend got an eye ulcer from his. Are painful problems like this a normal occurance when you have contact lens?

Old 09-16-2002, 11:02 AM   #6
Veteran

Pinkroses HB User
I had a contact get stuck behind my eye once. Well, it really doesnt go behind your eye, it goes more on the side. When that happend to me, I freaked out. I was in Las Vegas on vacation and my fiance wanted to take me to a doctor. But it only was stuck for a few minutes.
I was able to see the edge of the contact on the side then I just moved it across until I was able to take the contact out. My doctor never mentioned anything about this happening.

Old 09-16-2002, 11:12 AM   #7

patti11078 HB User
This has happened to me a couple times before (in 10 years of wearing them), but it only lasts a couple seconds. It's usually just if I rub my eye the wrong way - it will just up or to the side. Usually a small part is still visible so that I can slide it back.

Old 09-16-2002, 11:14 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Don't fool around with something like that. You can get a corneal abbrasion or worse. You don't even want to know the pain that you can get with a corneal ulcer. If it doesn't come out soon, don't play around with it. Get yourself to an eye doctor, even if it means going to the ER. Also, try putting in a few drops of artificial tears. This might lubricate it enough to let it slide out. If it won't come out easily, don't try to get it out yourself. Just be very very very careful not to scratch your eyeball!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!

Old 09-16-2002, 12:50 PM   #9
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
I just forked out $85 for my eye that got a corneal abrasion from messing with my contacts or should I say leaving them in WAY too long and never cleaning them like I should. It HURT! That has happened to me though and you just wiggle your eye lid at the top until it loose. I know what you mean though and it can feel like you have a tumor stuck in your eye. I had to leave school in high school to go home and get another contact to replace the one I thought fell out and even though I felt like I could have just had it slip behind my eye I saw nothing and so when I put the other one in, just like a slot machine, the other one popped out!!!! I freaked, but was glad that it was over.

------------------
Marie

Old 09-16-2002, 05:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Smile

I wore contacts for about 2 weeks in the summer of 2001. I liked the way they looked, but for some reason I could not focus with them in, and they kept on falling out. I had to use the rewetting drops like every 20 minutes. I went back to the optometrist like 2 or 3 times, and he kept telling me that there was nothing wrong with me, and that I was just putting the contacts in the wrong way. I just got fed up and stopped wearing them all together. Well, P.S., a few months later I started to have really bad eye problems. I went to an ophthalmologist who told me that I NEVER should have worn contacts in the first place because my eyes are too dry and I could have had major problems. I still see him about once a week because I have such bad eye problems. He said that he could not imagine what it must have been like for me to wear contacts. it was probably one of the biggest mistales I ever could havce made. They kept telling me I was putting them in wrong and that it was my fault, because they didn't know what they were talking about!

Contacts are notorious for giving people corneal abbrasions. Be very very careful with them! I developed an extremely severe corneal ulcer without even wearing the contacts (this was many months after), so I cannot even imagine how bad my eyes would be right now if I had continued to wear them.

If it is still stuck, I would suggest using some tear drops and then if that doesn't help, go to the dr asap!

Closed Thread