It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2002, 04:30 PM   #1

BetaChiAngel HB User
Question Hormone testing?

Hi all,

For almost a year now I've been experiencing many symptoms, here's the ones of most concern to me:

~Decrease in appetite
~Occasionaly feeling overly full after meals
~Insomnia
~Anxiety
~Mild depression
~Feeling of exhaustion or tiredness
~Loss of interest in activities I once enjoyed
~Severe PMS symptoms, and constant nausea and diarrhea during the first few days of my period

I do realize that these symptoms may be caused by any number of things. I was put on Zoloft awhile back but weaned myself off because it wasn't working, and I decided I want to pursue more natural remedies. I've just started taking fish oil and acidophilus, but It's too early to tell if they're working or not.

Everyone I know thinks that I'm causing all of this myself (which I admit is possible), but I'm absolutely convinced that hormones have something to do with my symptoms. I did have a TSH (thyroid test) and it came up "normal", however I've heard that what the lab considers normal may not be normal for any given individual.

Now here's my question- Where would I go to get my hormones tested, and how exactly is it done? I'm assuming it's just blood work? I would also love to hear from anyone who experiences any of the same symptoms as listed above, and if you believe hormones may be the cause.

Thanks!
Pam

Old 09-22-2002, 07:43 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
If you check the womens health board here you will find many women with just about all of your symptoms. PMS varies from woman to woman but more severe cases need to be checked by the doc as there is medication that may help. Check the womens health board to see what others with your problem are doing about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread