It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2002, 08:17 AM   #1

Spirit HB User
Question stools

What does this mean? I pass lots of small long stools that sink and strong odor? I gave up on medical docs in my area-fiber makes my constipation really bad despite water intake. So went to a chiro and said it was my small intestine not working right. Am worried cause I can not get a md to listen!!Diagnosed previously with gasritis and says it is stress. My weight flutuates alot and did lose alot from stress but can not get it back on.Sometimes i have a gnawing feeling right above belly button and feels heavy. Sometimes twinches on left side under rib and a raw feelig in gut.shortness of breath sometimes-cold and shakey alot. I tried cabbage juice and made me really gassy-gas pressure so bad it caused heart palpitations. Also was told I had colitis but no meds were prescribe. I am really scared! I have went to 5 docs and nothing became out of it. It is like everything sits in upper abdomen and not a feeling to come down. Prevacid is not working! I take digestive enzymes,priobiotics,acidolifulus. Are these symtoms of something more serious? I belch constantly from gas too. What am I suppose to do. Look like a grap! I feel I am on my own with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
For the constant gas try some simethicone aka gasX tablets routinely at or after your meals and try using beano drops on your food to see if these help with the gas. Have you tried eliminating dairy from your diet to be sure lactose intolerance isn't part of your problem. As for the fiber since you don't so well with the powder form why not try the wafers or try the psyllium husk capsules. If your stools tend to be hard add a stool softener such as colace aka docusate. Since you do complain of full feeling in the gut as well as other problems have they done an upper and/or lower GI series on you yet? If they have what did the results show and if they haven't then see your primary doc and tell him you want a set of GI x-rays to rule out any specific problems. Also if your stress level is high as it seems it might be has anyone suggested something to help relax you a bit? I am just tossing ideas your way since you seem to have run out of ideas. As for the strong smelling stools that could very well be caused by something you eat or by lactose intolerance. Hope some of this helps. Also if you are really having a major problem with gas at any given time use bicarbonate of soda aka baking soda. The directions for mixing it are on the box and it does work well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2002, 04:40 PM   #3

Spirit HB User
Unhappy

Migable-No all the doc did was push on my upper abdomen. I was just told to relax-am going thru a seperation now and taking it hard.Thank you

Closed Thread