It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2002, 12:02 PM   #1

*hannahstruecolors* HB User
Post Am I that big of a loser?

Okay, this may sound like i just want a pitty party or something like that but thats not the case. I just want know if i would be considered a loser. i am a freshman (15 yrs old) and this weekend is homecoming. I decided not to go. I thought i had plans with someone else from another town but they were canceled. So i guess its just my and my dad. dont get me wrong hes a magnificent father and similar to what my best friend would be like. only does this show that i have absolutely no social life?? all the friends i had last year are no longer my friends due to them backstabbing me several times and me finally giving into what i really need. not to be friends with them. so i have sort of placed myself into the lil punk rebelion group. most of the time on weekends they get high and drunk and with out insulting ne one but i just havent gotten to the point in my life where i feel im ready to. I mean i know that some time i will... but please dont give me any advice on anything on that subject ( no offense to elders but some people dont see it the way i would or someone else)
So i guess this would be the day that i look at myself and think that im horrible. Im a loser... arent i?

------------------
*~* this is the way i pray ~*~

Old 09-27-2002, 03:30 PM   #2

Bill Magic HB User
Nah, you sound pretty cool to me. Alot of people who were /are your age don't go to their homecoming. And alot of people your age change friends around and have periods when they don't really have any. Its no big deal, its normal. Do what interests you and you will find the right crowd to hang with.. Later..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2002, 05:08 PM   #3

mfry32 HB User
Cool

I'm one of the older ones. I agree with Bill completely. You'll find your place; and when you do,
it will be worth waiting for.

Old 09-27-2002, 06:21 PM   #4
Veteran

Greenberry HB User
Hey, I'm pretty elderly too (30!) You sound pretty OK to me though. And hopefully you never reach the stage in your life where you feel you are ready to get drunk and high. That's one "stage of life(?)" that most people would be better off skipping altogether, because that's the stage where real loserdom sets in. Hang in there, and don't believe anyone who tells you that the teenage years are the best time of your life. Anyone who says that is full of it. My teenage years sucked worse than any other period before or since. Your best years are still ahead! Take care, and choose your friends wisely!

Old 09-27-2002, 07:42 PM   #5
(male)

unhealthy HB User
Have no remaining friends. Never went to a single dance. Not even prom. See me and feel better.

Old 09-27-2002, 10:18 PM   #6
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Was does not going to homecoming have to do with being a loser. I never went to any homecoming dances, never went to the prom and like you thought and still think my dad is pretty cool. Am I a loser?!?!?!? Nope becuase I don't take the time to think of myself as a loser. I had only a few close friends in high school but I enjoyed the ones I did have. When I look at my freshman yearbook picture I wonder how the heck I ever made it in HS but I did. Things will work out in their own time. Just do the things you enjoy and be yourself. If someone doesn't like you for who you are then it is their loss not yours. Good Luck

Old 09-28-2002, 01:34 PM   #7
(male)

unhealthy HB User
Yeah, just because high school waSnt the best 4 years of your life, doesnt make you a loser. In fact, High school was terrible for me. THinking of it makes me sick.

Closed Thread