It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2002, 02:47 PM   #1
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Unhappy contact lenses help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got my contact lenses today for the firs time and i can't get them out. i've been sitting here for 3 hours... i was suppsed to heve them out 2 hours ago! any tips on how to take them out? they're not even moving anymore!! i think they're drying. help!!!

Old 09-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #2
Inactive

Frangipani HB User
If you have long nails, cut them. Put some contact lens solution in your eye, and some on your middle finger. Take your middle finger and pull the bottom eyelid down with it. With the index finger pull the top lid up. Now take your other hand that has the solution on it and touch the center of the contact, applying a little pressure and pull down. The contact should slide along with your finger. Slide it all the way down to your eyelid, then take it off. If that doesn't work, call your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2002, 06:48 AM   #3
Veteran

buck58 HB User
You probally let them get too dry while in your eyes. I use rewetting drops throughout the day to keep mine soft and flexible not to mention keeping them comfortable. I would moisten them up good then try again. As the other person said, That's the way I get mine out also, I push down! You have to be a little rough too, because they really stick, that's what there designed to do. Otherwise everytime you rubbed your eyes they'd pop out. Don't panic though, you'll get em out. see ya, buck.

Old 09-29-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Smile

thanx, i got them out but i don't think i'll put them in again! my vision is not that bad anyway. i have glasses for driving and i think i'll stick with the glasses.

Closed Thread