It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2002, 05:28 PM   #1

spacecadet HB User
Red face what's wrong with me???? help!!!

hey everyone.

in the middle of august, i started having swollen lymph nodes practically everywhere, but mostly in my armpits, groin, and neck. i went to the doctor who took my temperature (it was 99.5 then it went down and has remained normal) and he said that i probably have mono. i had the swollen glands, i was fatigued on and off for a while, i had sore muscles, my eyes hurt, my joints hurt, i had a little bit of irritation in the throat, a really fierce headache at the start, and that was about it. i still have most of those symptoms but so lightly that i barely notice them. but lately i've been having weird symptoms.. like i've had bleeding underneath the skin in my mouth (just a few tiny patches, one i had a huge bubble.. i popped them all with my fingernail), a cough which developed last week and it almost gone (not a dry cough, i had major mucus), and on friday i started to feel burning sensations in my skin and it got really bad today.

i'm worried that i might not have mono, and something else instead. i'm a possible hypchondriac and i've worried about HIV for about a year because a guy that was rumored to have it french kissed me, but practically everyone tells me how impossible it is for me to get it, but i still worry. i sound really dumb. sorry, lol. does anybody have any clue as to what could be wrong with me???

Old 09-30-2002, 03:38 AM   #2

AprilW HB User
I'm sorry I don't have any answers love, but I would go back to the Dr's and discuss these new symptoms.It would seem more than mono. Don't worry too much,it won't help. Take care, April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread