It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2002, 04:20 PM   #1

Saya HB User
Exclamation Losing Weight

This has me concerned. I've noticed that my jeans keep getting more and more loose around the waist, but it's not just me, my roommate and her friends are all loosing weight as well. I know that one of them has already lost at least 7 pounds in the four weeks we've been at college. Yes we're a bit more active than usual, but I don't think that this is normal (I know some of us were worried about gaining weight/the freshman 15 as they call it)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably just stress from being away at school (believe me, I know all about that!) If it really gets to be excessive, then I would consult a dr about it. (I would say maybe 10-15 pounds or more, depending on your height and current weight) Plus, you are not used to eating the foods that you are eating now. In college dining halls food isn't prepared the same way that it would be at home. I really think that stress has something to do with it (new place, away from home, tons of schoolwork, missing family and friends, making new friends, etc...).

Just make sure that you are getting enough to eat and that you don't skip any meals. Eat whenever you feel hungry, and stop when you are satisfied/full. Of course, don't overeat, but do eat enough. If it makes you feel sick, then go to a dr.

Are you (any of you) experiencing any symptoms as a result of this (loss of energy, light-headedness, etc...) Keep in mind that a loss of energy can also be attributed to the fact that you now have more work than you ever had before!

Good luck in college. I am sure this is not anything major. If it persists, then definitely consult a dr.

Take care,
Elyse
* http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif~ ~ http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif*

[This message has been edited by purple2067 (edited 10-02-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread