It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2002, 06:10 AM   #1

J.A.L.III HB User
Post spinal stenosis/spinal headaches

First of all, six months of enjoyable life!!
I just recently one week ago to date had a myelogram and cat scan. I was breifed only so far with spinal stenosis. Also, It feels as if i've been ko'd with knockout blows from mike tyson. The headaches were monsterous. I've been shot up with demoral and other various drugs to help cope with the pain. Nothing worked. I was introduced to a new drug that had the same purpose as a blood patch but did not carry the risks. It was administered through I.V. Cortrosyn "Cosyntropin" for injection by organon inc.
It was a six hour process. It was given at 200/hour. I got out of short stay last night @ six o'clock. I felt free at last from mike tyson pounding my head. Until two and half hours later, when the pain in my head started once again. The only thing is that it does'nt cover my whole head this time. It's only in the forehead and by the temple. It started once again. It is not as extreme. But it feels much better when i lay in bed flat. I can feel it creeping on me. Gradually building up and building up again. Now i am only 22 years old, i feel as if i'm 60 tho. I can hardly walk, and have to use a cane for support to get around. Six months ago i was in great health, i was a concrete finisher and life did'nt supply me with much drama, but its took a huge turn lately. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on any knowledge or expertise or if you have went through the same experience. What i'm hoping for is to get some generous feedback. Maybe i'm not the only one that is going through this trial or maybe someone knows what my future holds with this type of disabled life cycle that im running in. I have many other little disabled stories, but it is time to lay back down in bed. Thank you for your time and consideration. If you would give me feedback, i would much appreciate it. Thanks,
take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2002, 07:51 AM   #2

ANNEMARIE2YOU HB User
dear J.A.L.III , sounds like there is a lot more going on with you, lik : why the myelogram in the fistplace? I had 2 of those, within 6 ,moths last year. what got me through it was my breathing and relaxation technics thatI learned from my physical thera pist.plus pain meds. the result for me is, I have instabillity at level C7-T1, with lots of neck, head, shoulder pain. what was your diagnosis ? I'm not familiar with all the stuff you had, to help with your headaches, but it soundsaweful.I know of too many young people with disabilitating conditions, that they don't deserve. it's a tough things to deal with, but your inner strength will prevail. best of luck
ANNE

------------------

Old 10-04-2002, 07:35 PM   #3
Veteran

Kamden HB User
J.A.L.111, what are your other health problems? Did you ever injure your back or neck? Just wondering, because this can be the cause of your headaches. If you have not tried physical therapy, please do.

Closed Thread