It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2002, 07:22 PM   #1
Inactive

~BRAT~ HB User
Unhappy Help!

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD EXERSIZES TO DO THAT HELP HER LOSE WEIGHT IN THE BELLY AND LEGS AND ARMS???
AND ALSO IF ANYONE HAS ANY MORE GOOD WEIGHT LOSS TIPS
PLEASE TELL ME. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT BAD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2002, 03:11 AM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

First of all to start to lose weight, you need to start some gentle aerobic exercise to increase your heart rate. Start off real slow and then try to increase by about 5 mins at a time. This could be fast walking and trying to walk in situations where you would normally take an elevator and things like this. Once you become a little fitter you can start to alternate walking with running. Increase this slowly until you can run/walk for 30 mins at a time and try to do this 3 times weekly. Swimming is also good.

You then need to look at your diet and see what kinds of foods you are eating. Try and switch to eating lots of fruit and veg and chicken and fish and pasta for carbohydrate rather than biscuits and cakes. Bananas are good also. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids also - 2 to 3 litres daily.

To be able to lose weight you also need to make sure that you are eating less energy than you are expending. So if you do more exercise and eat less, then you will start to lose weight.

Once you have gotten used to exercise and are a little fitter, you could join a gym and can then start to tone up where you have lost weight.

Sit ups and cruchy type exercises are good for your belly and exercises to strengthen your arm muscles should be good too. These would be things such as lateral pull downs that will help your pecs. and delts. Also, vertical pull ups are good for your tricepts and bicepts muscles in your arms. There are good trainers in the gyms these days and they can really help you and design a program for you to assist in what you want to do. You will always have to do warm ups and aerobic work first though before any weights.

Anyway, have a go and good luck. Take it slowly and you'll get there, but it won't happen overnight though and you need to make a committment to exercising and you will slowly start to notice a difference. If you join clubs to get support from others, then this is really helpful. Look at it as a whole change of lifestyle, which it is.

Do this now and you could prevent health problems later in life.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Talking

Hey, I am in the same boat you are. If you are really desperate to lose weight, try the diet that I posted under "a diet curing all?????" on the open to all topics board. It's pretty drastic, and I felt very sick from it for the first few days, but now I am getting more used to it, and I have lost about 9 or 10 pounds in a little over 10 days. it is a zero carb diet, and is much more strict than atkins. The most you should do the zero carbs for is 2 weeks, and then slowly start adding some back. I did zero carbs for about a week (hated every minute of it, felt sick ALL the time). Then my dr added some rice to the diet. Any kind I want, as much as I want, as long as I don't overdo it. I must say that I do feel much much better now that I am eating the rice, but I probably would not have lost weight had I been eating it from the beginning. if you cannot tolerate doing the no carbs, then have some rice. This diet is merely a suggestion.

This diet is very very radical and is certainly not for everybody. You should definitely discuss it with your dr before you decide to do that, or anything else including exercise.

If you are really want to do some exercises to flatten your stomach, get an ab-roller! They are the best! Other than, all I can say is, cardio, cardio, cardio. Walk, run, swim, jump rope, etc... But always be sure to ack your dr before you start any new diet or exercise program. And if you join a gym, they can show you how to use the equipment (treadmill, weights, ab roller, etc...) properly.

Old 10-08-2002, 07:48 PM   #4
Blue4U2

Talking

CARDIO is DEFINATELY the key.....

I agree about starting with a slow regimend
of walking and also I would bike.

Lots of fruits are great but they should not replace meals.

And STAY HYDRATED. Grapefruit juice helps burn calories and water and gatorade are great!!!!

I went from 167 to 138......and now I am basically solid. If you want to cut, and stay trim, workout two hours AFTER you eat.

If you want to build, but be lean, eat after a tough workout.

Do not drink anything right after the workout.
Wait about 20-30 minutes.

Blue

Closed Thread