It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2002, 11:04 AM   #1

Lily0727 HB User
Exclamation Does anyone know about the "Leep" procedure and its success????

Does anyone know or have had a "leep" procedure done and its success rate? I was told on my pap test that it was barely abnormal and that it probably would not need to be treated. Then I had yo have a Colposcopy, after that came back, now I have to get a "Leep" Procedure because what was once a "barely" abnormal pap, now is a level 2 of the abnormalcy. What does that mean? How fast does whatever is there grow? I feel like I have been handed a death sentence because I just don't know what is going on and my doctor acts like it's no big deal, but, he may be doing that so that it doesn't scare me so badly. I am 39 years old and terrified! Can someone put my mind at ease? My doctor also told me that I could even wait 2 months to do the "Leep" and it wouldn't change what I have now....I don't know...is he just trying to put my mind at ease? If he is, for some reason it's not working!
Thanks to all that apply!

Old 10-12-2002, 11:35 AM   #2
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
Type in Leep,on your browser,then scroll down to the Leep Procedure.It is explained very well,& will put you at ease........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2002, 03:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Here's a link:
[url="http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/specialty/gyn_onc/cervical/screening/leep.html"]http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/specialty/gyn_onc/cervical/screening/leep.html[/url]

Oncolink [at U. Penn.] is one of the top online cancer resources - very reliable information. Unfortunately, their site has multiple addresses so you may be shifted to another area/address in the middle of a search.

Also try the National Cancer Institute: [url="http://www.nci.nih.gov/"]http://www.nci.nih.gov/[/url]

Good luck,
Jay

Old 10-12-2002, 07:06 PM   #4

Lily0727 HB User
Snowylynne,

Have you had this done before? If so, do you mind sharing what your doctor told you before and afterwards? Thanks!

Old 10-12-2002, 08:18 PM   #5
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
i had this done a few years ago and haven't had an abnormal pap since-from what i understand you need to get this done pretty quickly-no reason to wait unless you're pregnant-i was scared to death the day i had mine done but it was easier than the colposcopy-just a little bleeding afterward-the only problem was trying to keep my legs from jerking while in the stirrups-you have to have a regular pap done for the rest of your life-it's very important

Closed Thread