It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2002, 02:38 AM   #1

terribear2002 HB User
Post Whats GOing ON? am i crazy?(for women who understand)

Ok here's the deal....I need to go to the gyno and will soon probably but first.

I have never had sex i'm a virgin I'm 19 and i have this kinda like a rash on the skin around my well.... it itches like mad and doesn't do more than that yet but its enough to wake me up early in the morning. i make sure to keep it clean down there but it is kinda swollen. Has ANYONE EVER HAD THIS???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2002, 02:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

friendlione HB User
Lightbulb

terribear2002:
Any female of any age or activity can have a yeast infection, maybe from taking antibiotics, but not always. There are over the counter yeast infection remedies at any drug store. Just follow the directions.

Or the rash could be a heat rash from moisture, like a rash a baby gets. Anyone can get that on the crotch area. I found that hydrogen peroxide (in the brown plastic bottle) quickly helps clear up a persistent heat rash, though it may sting just a little at first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2002, 07:13 AM   #3

Muffy HB User
Sounds like a yeast infection....they are awful but quickly treated by over the counter medication. Not your fault!!!!! Just part of a woman's anatomy. lol

Get medication today and you will feel better within 24 hours.

If this does not help better to see a doctor. See posting "Yeast Infection" just prior to your posting.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Muffy (edited 10-12-2002).]

Old 10-12-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
Veteran

Greenberry HB User
The first time I had a yeast infection, I really thought I picked up VD off of a toilet seat or somewhere and it really freaked me out too. You might try a round of over-the-counter medicine, but if that doesn't help within a day or two, go to a doctor ASAP. You might just want to go to a doctor first, but it is Saturday, so you could give the medicine a try over the weekend, and if things aren't better, go first thing Monday.

Old 10-12-2002, 11:00 PM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Do not attempt to treat this yourself since you have never had any type of infection before. See your doc and get this checked out. Your primary care doc can handle this any of your other female needs. Since you are 19 you should be having yearly pap/pelvic exams so you may want to schedule that to be done too when you see the doc about the itching. You mention cleaning in the vaginal area and this is not needed. The vaginal area is self cleaning and many products or soaps can cause irritation. Be sure to wear 100% cotton underwear, do not douche without a doctors say so, do not use bubbles or other bath products in the tub and be sure to eat plenty of yogurt with live active cultures or take acidophillis capsules to help prevent yeast infections. As mentioned before you will need to see your family doc to get a proper diagnosis though so self treating is not recommended.

Closed Thread