It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2002, 06:55 PM   #1

shellebelle HB User
Question When to go to doctor for sprained knee?

I did a pretty good job spraining my knee in June. I was on the shore of a lake and my leg sunk down into the sand. While I was working on getting myself out of the sand another boat came along fairly close to where I was and the wake kind of twisted me one way, while my leg (below my knee) stayed where it was. My knee made a huge pop (I heard it even though it was under water).

Now, four months later it still hurts. It hurts when it's cold (I would assume joints would natuarlly stiffen in the cold) and when I've been walking or standing a lot (doesn't help that I'm a bank teller!). I'm not in agony, but it does cause discomfort. Is there anything a doctor could do? It seems to me that since I'm not in agony they'll send me on my way. Or would a chiropractor help?

Old 10-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Yes you need to see the doc and get it x-rayed. You may have damaged some cartalidge or ligiments etc. You should not have left it go this long as it is now October and if there is something wrong you may have done more damage by letting it go. See the doc and get this checked out. Normal sprains heal in a matter of a few days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2002, 03:12 PM   #3

shellebelle HB User
Thanks for the reply. I'm in the process of switching doctors now (turned 18 in June), but I do plan on making an appointment soon.

I researched it a bit more and it sounds like I have a second degree ACL sprain and pretty much everywhere I looked said to go to a doctor, so I'll go.

Closed Thread