It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2002, 07:49 PM   #1

sweetwawa HB User
Question therapy

i just started w/a new therapist.about a month and a half ago or more.about five times i've seen her.
i have some doubts.shoud i continue?
also the meds i'm taking some say cause weight gain.zyprexa/depakote.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2002, 07:49 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
What kind of doubts are you having about your new therapist and what is she helping you with? Without more specifics as to what is going on it is hard to say one way or the other. As for the meds causing wt gain...........if the literature that came with them mention wt gain as a side effect that just means that wt gain was one side effect that was noticed by SOME of the people that took the medication during the test period before the drug was put on the market. That does not mean that you will gain wt but that is one thing that MAY happen. Continue on your meds and watch what you eat as you normally would. If you notice a significant gain and feel it is due to the med and not due to your eating habits then you will have to talk to the doc that prescribed the meds to decide where to go next. Many meds can cause an increased appitite which in turn can lead to wt gain so be sure it is the med causing any gain and not your eating habits before making any judgements about the med. With any luck you will probably have no problems at all with the meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2002, 09:12 AM   #3

sweetwawa HB User
Exclamation

thanks mlg that was a great post.

i'm struggling w/those issues about the meds.
my appetite has increased because i think they're "downers" making me more drowsy because they relieve my anxiety condition!!!
what a price to pay to alleviate my condition.
i'm trying not to keep junk food around either.
oh well

Old 10-20-2002, 12:15 PM   #4

sweetwawa HB User
i forgot to add my therapist "was" helping me w/ocd.
they aren't being reasonable,and listening to the "patient's" p.o.v. and i resent that.
there has to be a compromise on treatment from the doctor and therapist both or it puts the patient in a childlike,dependent position.
amen.

Old 10-20-2002, 12:16 PM   #5

sweetwawa HB User

[This message has been edited by sweetwawa (edited 10-21-2002).]

Old 10-21-2002, 01:11 PM   #6

Faith80 HB User
I think before you discontiue with your therpist, you should voice your concerns and if it's hard to tell her/him your concerns you should write them down and hand them to your therpist and see if things change. It takes time to get used to a new therpist and it takes time for the therpist to acess your needs and a month isn't a long time, but if you aren't being listen to, than yes, maybe finding another T is the right thing to do. Good luck hon

------------------
As long as there is life, there is hope

Closed Thread