It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2002, 02:24 PM   #1

mamacita1817 HB User
Question yeast infection??

I need to know if I have a yeast infection. I have a white pasty discharge. It doesn't smell bad in fact it has no smell. It's like a watered down glue type. It doesn't itch. I just noticed it yesterday. Need help.
confused

The boards are for online help only.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 10-09-2002).]

Old 10-08-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
Blue4U2

hope you check here for responses anyway...

White pasty discharge may not indicate a yeast infection. Usually a yeast infection has cottage cheese
consistency type discharge and you would be unmistakeably itchy...... you may run a fever and experience some burning in general and when you urinate.

A lot of women experience this as a result of taking certain medications, such as antibiotics.

Monistat 7 is good..... but I would gauge your symptoms. If you are worried, see a gyn, but it could simply be ovulation discharge.

Hope you feel better

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 10-09-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2002, 04:56 AM   #3
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
If you've never had a yeast infection before its best to visit your doc and get a proper diagnosis. I wouldn't try an over-the-counter treatment until seeing a doc because like the previous poster said, it could just be an ovulation discharge.

Take care!

Nic

Old 10-09-2002, 06:09 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Any unusual discharge needs to be checked out by the doc. It may be nothing or it could be any number of infections. Since this is new for you then you need to see the doc and have them check it out.

Old 10-10-2002, 11:13 AM   #5

PrincessShana HB User
Dosn't sound like a yeast infection. Is it possible you may have gotten and STD? Such as chlamydia? You should have it checked out at the doctor. Usually a yeast infection will be kinda like a thin cottage cheese, and usually has an odor. Most people say it smells like bread.

Old 10-10-2002, 11:23 AM   #6
Veteran

Greenberry HB User
It doesn't sound like a yeast infection to me either, and I ought to know. I am on my 7th treatment package in 9 weeks for a constant yeast infection. The itching is the primary symptom for me. Lest anyone be concerned and wish to offer ME advice--I am 14 weeks pregnant, and there is nothing else I can do except use the over-the-counter treatment--my doctor said that if I finish a treatment pack and am still having symptoms, buy another treatment pack and keep treating. I have used most of the different brands available, 1-day, 3-day and 7-day treatment packs and nothing has helped. I also eat yogurt regularly, and that hasn't helped either.

If you are not having itching, you may be suffering from something else.

Old 10-11-2002, 08:22 PM   #7

crcaz HB User
I would try some pro biotics like pb-8 it can only help your body even if you don't need it. Itching is one of the sysmptoms of candida but not everyone gets it. Primal defense is supposed to be the best probiotic for candida but flu like symptoms are 'common' the 1st couple of days and maybe not good if your 14 weeks pregnant. No dairy, no sugar diet w/ high fiber 40+ grams will help. For immediate help in itching pure aloe vera w/ clotrimazole antifungal cream works good, aveeno concentrated anti-itch cream works, jojoba is supposed to help but never tried it. Hope this helps

Old 10-12-2002, 02:16 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

friendlione HB User
Lightbulb

Greenberry:
To help clear up an overgrowth of yeast, take acidophilus. It helps rebalance the friendly bacteria with he natural yeast. I would not keep on using the medicines if they did not work, at this point.

I get yeast everytime I take antibiotics, and then have to take acidophilus...it works every time.
You could also insert a little plain yogurt that has live acidophilus for soothing relief. Get it from a health food store.

And do avoid sugary foods for a couple of days, at least.

[This message has been edited by friend (edited 10-12-2002).]

Old 10-22-2002, 04:19 PM   #9

lisatiger HB User
so did you get that checked out is it a yeast infection?

Old 10-22-2002, 09:47 PM   #10

mari66 HB User
Some very good advise here for possible yeast infection. If you have a chronic infection problem, (reoccurring yeast, flues, allergies, colds or glands, etc.), maybe due to weak immune response. It wasn't until I restored my run-down immune system, did all my infections finally clear up, since Feb. (chronic yeast & other for nearly 2 yrs.)

A liquid whole food sup., may help you too, because it provides the kind of complete & balanced nutrition the body is designed to digest and assimilate,(incl. vitamins, macro & trace minerals, amino & esse. fatty acids Omega's), enzymes etc.) & liquid is more absorbed than pills. The key is getting nutrients into the bloodstream effectively, so the body can use them to restore the immune system. This is crucial because if it can't repel the 1000's of attacks from disease causing organism - Everyday, infestations (infection) may occure. I'll be happy to post references, if you're interested. Take care, Mari

Closed Thread