It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2002, 11:03 AM   #1

Rhino83 HB User
Unhappy Chronic lightheadedness.

Hi. I'm new to this whole health message boards business, but I don't know where else to turn. I'm 19 years old, and for the past 3 years now I have had constant lightheadedness along with varying degrees of inability to concentrate, feeling of fullness in the ears, and fatigue. Also, I usually feel congested. Just a general ill, or high feeling, I guess. Kind of like the flu, but no headaches or fever. I've had blood tests, MRI, CT scan of sinuses, EKG, and echocardiogram. I actually just found out near the end of the summer that I have alot of allergies; cats, grasses, some trees, and mold. I've been taking Flonase, and it doesn't seem to help all that much, which leads me to believe that it may not be caused by allergies. If anyone out there has similar symptoms or has some insight, I'm up for anything, because I'm pretty much at the end of my rope. I can't go on feeling like this forever. Please help.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 10-25-2002, 11:28 AM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
I felt like this the entire summer. I realized it was the high mold content in the air. Where I live, it was very humid all summer. I only started feeling better when the weather got cooler and drier. You can usually tell if it is allergies if you notice you don't have the symptoms at certain times, and when they do come on, it is very quick. I had about 5 days of feeling great, but now we have to have our heat on, and once again, I wake feeling horrible. I would suggest going to the allergy message boards, because it really does sound like this is your allergies. Nasal symptoms, congestion, fullness in the ears, light headedness, extreme tiredness and trouble concentrating, are all my symptoms too. Have you tried allegra? That is what the doc gave me, it works well for me, but I ran out, and would have had to live on it the entire summer. Hope I have helped a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2002, 01:33 PM   #3
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
I feel like this year around,you get used to It.I take meds.they help.It gets worse as I get older.......

Old 10-25-2002, 06:30 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Since the Flonase isn't helping you need to let the doctor know so they can try a different allergy medication on you. Have you considered allergy shots? Those can be a big help. Also you may want to try some sudafed for the congested feeling. I would also consider adding a good antioxidant supplement to your daily routine to help with your problems.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #5
Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
Do your ears itch sometimes? Iím trying to figure out if there might be an infection. Well, whatever the problem is, I think itís important that you (and everyone else) eat a large variety of fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc... Try to stay away from junk food (chocolate, candy, etc...). You should also take a multivitamin (I recommend Centrum). The objective is to build up your body (your immune system, digestive system, stamina, intelligence, etc...). Diet, sleep, and exercise are very important. An herb that I highly recommend for your immune system is raw (unprocessed, uncooked, unheated) garlic. Good luck, and I hope you get better.

------------------
Life is in the Blood

Old 10-26-2002, 06:18 PM   #6

Rhino83 HB User
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys. I would have replied sooner, but for some reason, I couldn't access this link. I couldn't even see what I had originally posted. But thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ryan

Old 10-26-2002, 06:19 PM   #7

Rhino83 HB User
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys. I would have replied sooner, but for some reason, I couldn't access this link. I couldn't even see what I had originally posted. But thank you for taking the time to respond.

Ryan

Closed Thread