It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2002, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

Amy42601 HB User
Question Back pain and leg pain

Hello!

I have mild osteoarthritis that I take Vioxx for. Mainly, it's my lower back that hurts, but my joints flare up and I have a hard time loosening up in the mornings when it's cold.

Lately though, I've noticed that my lower back is hurting A LOT more than usual, and during the day and evening, even while I'm asleep, my back will ache sending sharp shooting pains down my legs both front and back, and sometimes up to my neck and shoulders.

What I'm wondering is, if this sounds familiar to anyone and if anybody has any insight as to what is going on. The earliest I can get into my doc is 2 weeks from now so I've got to wait until then to see what she says. Any insight is helpful.

Thanks!

Amy

Old 10-30-2002, 03:25 AM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

Hi,

Shooting pain means that you have nerve involvement. Down the legs from the back means that the sciatic nerve has either been trapped or has become inflammed and the same with the nerves in the neck and shoulders.

I have had back pain and sciatica before, but did not see my doc, as for these sorts of problems, I really feel that conventional medicine has little to offer in the way of relief, except medication which can sometimes help relieve the symptoms rather than the cause.

I went and found an ND rather than an MD and got acupuncture and chiropractic treatment and within about six months I had no more problems and I had suffered with the back pain and sciatica for about two years. I still have regular acupuncture treatment now to help my back, but mostly now for my stomach problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread