It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2002, 11:39 AM   #1

jfrank HB User
Post I am not sure where to start!

I have had the same medical problems for about 4 years now, and after going to the doctor several time to only have him tell me it's in my head or it's depression or it anziety, I stopped seeking professional advice. But now it's gotten to the point that I don't enjoy life anymore and I don't know what to do! After all I am only 26 years old. Here is a list of my problems:
- Whenever I lie down, I have to urinate constantly, it is not uncommon for me to wake up 4 times in a night to urinate, despite the fact that I try not to drink much before bedtime
- I almost always feel dazed or lightheaded, and I cannot concentrate
- I have trouble telling if something is moving unless I am looking directly at it (this has caused me to have 4 vehicle accidents)
- I am going bald, despite only being 26
- I have no sex drive, I can do it but it just doesn't interest me anymore, and I am married to a beautiful woman!
- Last week I almost passed out before lunchtime
- I wake in the morning with a terrible feeling in my head, and I am more tired after sleeping then I was when I went to bed
- I am always tired and I can fall asleep and be dreaming in less than 5 minutes
- I don't seem to breathe normally, my breaths are very shallow, and I get winded easily
- I have a constant drainage from my sinuses
- My tounge has a white coating that won't come off no matter how much I brush it
- I am always hungry unless I eat like a pig
- I get nauseus a lot
Well, those are the major problems I have been having for all this time. Any ideas on what this could be or how to fix it would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2002, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
The first thing I wonder is what you generally eat (not necessarily how much).

Old 10-31-2002, 02:46 PM   #3

sweetwawa HB User

it would seem to me that you need blood work done to determine possibly anemia or mono or something.
These sound like a lot of synmptoms!
Why woud a doctor say this is all in your head ?
If you have complained about all these things i find it hard to believe a doctor wouldn't investigate further.
Unless of course it is due to anxiety which can lead to chronic worry.
If that's the case perhaps a anxti anxiety medication would suffice.

Old 10-31-2002, 03:10 PM   #4

jfrank HB User
Actually, I have never been able to tell the doctor about all my symptoms becuase they always cut me off after I start, then say that I am too young to have any serious condition. I have had blood work done and they also tested for diabetes, both of which came back normal.

Old 10-31-2002, 03:25 PM   #5

Kytro HB User
jfrank, I would go to a different doctor if yours won't listen. there is obviously some problem, and if it affects youer life the way it does, then it serious (either medically, or physcologically).

[This message has been edited by Kytro (edited 10-31-2002).]

Old 10-31-2002, 05:17 PM   #6

sweetness88 HB User
Talking

try an alternative doc. they have different views on life, wellness, and health. find a good chiropractor and watch your symptoms fall away. Good luck...

Old 11-01-2002, 12:54 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

friendlione HB User
Cool

jfrank:
Definitely get to a doctor that listens, since clearly something is wrong. Age has no factor at all in illness...what crap! Please get rid of those doctors!

Old 11-01-2002, 05:04 AM   #8
Inactive

Matrix03 HB User
i'm 27 and got some of the same symptoms, not as bad as u though...i have high blood pressure and i'm overweight, but besides those two factors, my doc said nothing is wrong....he did give me some anxiety pills but they don't seem to have any effect on me....how do those pills work anyway? do they stop u from thinking about the stresses of life and stop u from worrying about dying? anyways..i really don't enjoy life either because i'm always walking on eggshells...but u should definitely get a 2nd or 3rd opinion! and let me know if u find out how to get rid of that white coat on ur tongue cuz mine bugs me too!

Old 11-01-2002, 08:15 AM   #9
Inactive

mlgable HB User
The sinus drainage and difficulty concentrating etc are classic of sinusitis/sinus infections so this needs to be checked and taken care of. The other problems may or may not be related to sinuses. Write down all your symptoms as well as what has been done so far and then find a NEW DOCTOR!! Request a transfer of you medical records to the new doc then make an apppointment ASAP to get things checked. 4 accidents related to your focus difficulty is not ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Any doc that puts you off as yours has deserves to loose you as a patient and shouldn't be treating any patients in my opinion. In the meantime start on a good antioxidant supplement daily to help with the sinus problems and then get on the phone and get started with changing docs. PS if anyone else in your family uses this doc get them to change before they wind up in a situation like you did. Also don't ever wait this long before doing something about poor medical care. What if you would have killed someone in one of your accidents you had just because you didn't bother to get the proper help for yourself?

Old 11-01-2002, 11:43 PM   #10
Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
You apparently have an infection of some sort (or multiple infections). The first thing I would be concerned about is the appearance of a UTI. For that I would look into D – Mannose. The white coating on your tongue probably indicates a bacterial infection. After eliminating the UTI I would eat raw (uncooked, unheated, unprocessed) garlic. Then I would take probiotics (or yogurt if you’re not lactose intolerant) that contain Acidophilus and Bifidus (AKA Bifidum, the garlic will help kill the organisms in your digestive system then stimulate your immune system, and the probiotics replace good bacteria in your digestive system). You should definitely find a better doctor that cares about you (apparently the only thing the doctors that you’re seeing care about is your money). Eat a large variety of fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc... Try to stay way from junk food (candy, sodas, chocolate, caffeine, etc...). You also might want to read my post on parasites.
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum126/HTML/001268-2.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum126/HTML/001268-2.html[/url]

Old 11-01-2002, 11:54 PM   #11
Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
Matrix03, those pills don’t really do much (sorry to break it to you). They're just there to make you believe that they’re helping you. The main purpose of those pills is to make those doctors very wealthy (trust me, every person that I know on this message board and in real life has reported no benefits from taking them). However, I recommend taking a multivitamin (preferably Centrum). Of course there is nothing more important than good diet, sleep, and exercise.

[This message has been edited by Bettawrekonize1 (edited 11-02-2002).]

Old 11-04-2002, 02:49 PM   #12

sweetwawa HB User
Unhappy

i want to mention i was diagnosed w/sinusitis a while ago too.
i was prescribed zyrtek and flonase, a decongestant and antihistimine.
The symptoms i had were depression and anxiety so i first went to the doctor for prozac.
The medication helped.

Closed Thread