It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2002, 04:19 PM   #1
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Unhappy My stomach is big

I'm a 17 year old female with a small-normal frame. I am 5'1" and a normal weight for my height. However, I think my stomach is too big. The rest of my body looks fine, but not my stomach. The lower part of my abs stick out over my underwear. Maybe I'm overreacting a little. Should I be worried about this abdominal mass?

I don't know if this helps any, but I have frequent heartburn-like stomachaches.

Old 11-02-2002, 04:42 PM   #2

gwle HB User
Can't help but to throw in my two cents...
Everyone stores fat in different areas. It sounds like you just store most of your fat around your abdomen. I don't think you have an overly large stomach or enlarged intestines. The only way to know for sure is to see a physician, probably a GI doctor. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2002, 08:35 PM   #3

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
I definatly can relate. I'm 17 also, normal weight and 5'5. However my stomach is huge and it always has been. I remember the first day of ballet when I was little seeing everyone and wondering why the heck my stomach was so much bigger than everyone elses.

I've found dieting had given me more shape. I don't have a flat stomach but it definatly is improving. With the right cut and right fabric, you probably know you can hide your tummy very well. However that creates an annoying problem. When people ask why I eat cerial (healthy, low calories and fat) at lunch I say it's a diet. Now I've got people running around trying to help me with my "annorexic problem".

Anyway, I definatly store all my fat in my stomach, luckily though when I loose weight (I've lost about 10 lbs) I loose it from my tummy. I don't think having a not-so-flat tummy is the reason why you are having stomach pains, go see a GI because it may be totaly unrelated.
~Into the Woods

Old 11-03-2002, 02:45 PM   #4

sweetwawa HB User
Question

i get it there too my whole life.

esp since i was on weight producing stupid meds.
i'm off them now and hopefully can take it off.

Old 11-07-2002, 11:43 AM   #5
(female)

Beverly5 HB User
Hey- got to put my two cents in too! Are you bloated or gassy? Do you eat alot of veggies or salt? Are you regular? Yes, I know, not fun questions for a 17 year old (hey Im 23!) but this could be it and it may not be fat. People always tell me they think I have a great stomache, and sometimes its nice and shapely but I get real bloated from gas or salt and it looks HUGE! I mean I look prego!! So, in any case, try this stuff called "beano" if you do eat gassy foods (me and my friends love it) and cut back on salt. I bet it will help! LOL Bev

Old 11-07-2002, 12:35 PM   #6
(female)

Sehsun HB User
Talking

Yes, I am gassy a LOT!!! Maybe that's the problem - I eat gassy foods. I don't think I eat a lot of salt, but I do eat a lot of wheat, fiber, and vegetables. I am going to try Beano - I hear a lot of people say it works well. Thanks a bunch, Beverly!!

Old 11-07-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
(female)

Beverly5 HB User
No problem! I eat the same way! Gas= BIG STOMACHE!! hehe, bEV

Closed Thread