It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #1

Chrisg14 HB User
Question Terrible pain in arm

I'm at my whits end. My mother is 70 years old and has a pain in her right arm that makes it impossible for her to lift the arm and use it. She has been to the Doctor who just gave her a cortizone shot which she now feels is making her very sick. She is extremely sensative to drugs and anything can make her ill. I don't know what to do except call her doctor which doesn't seem to help. The orthopedic doctor has not suggested surgery yet. does anyone have any suggestions....any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-08-2002, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
It really could be so many things. Bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, neck problem, spine problem, artery problems etc.

She needs a correct diagnosis before she gets any treatment. I know it's a pain in the butt to run to different doctors but that is what she's going to need to do.

I see you say the ortho has not recommended surgery. In his opinion, what is the problem? Has he ran any tests? It doesn't seem like he's helping her or from your post, that he even knows what's wrong.

Try not to spend too much time and money dealing with ineffective doctors. A major medical center or a geriatric ortho might be her best bet. No one should have to go around in pain all the time.

Good luck to you both. Hope you find some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2002, 06:15 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
First off what did the doc say he felt was wrong with your mothers arm? You mentioned the arm pain and that he gave her a cortisone shot but never mentioned what he felt was wrong with her arm. Do you feel it is something more than what the doctor told you or are you looking for advice as to what else to do for the arm. Either way a diagnosis would help.

Old 11-10-2002, 07:36 AM   #4
Inactive

OREGANO HB User
Thumbs up

May I suggest that she take a Homeopathic Remedy

called Arnica .

My wife sprained her thumb and found great relief

from Arnica which she got from the local health food

store.

Closed Thread