It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2002, 10:33 PM   #1

Drew H HB User
Smile Just finished exercising...

Hello all --

I just finished exercising, my first time in 6 months or so. I took a nice run around the block a couple times just to start things off and then cooled down with a walk. One problem, I was pretty winded, and now my lower throat area and upper chest has the burning sensation. I know its nothing bad, im just curious what causes this... dilated blood vessels?
too much oxygen?

Can someone enlighten me?

Drew

Old 11-10-2002, 12:55 PM   #2

gwle HB User
Basically you have low lung capacity(you just don't have the stamina). Your body is excreting more CO2 than it is taking in O2. As you excerise more frequently, your lungs will become stronger resulting in more O2/CO2 balance. You wont get as winded as much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread