It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #1
(male)

unhealthy HB User
Post forgetful

Old 11-03-2002, 09:59 AM   #2
(male)

unhealthy HB User
I have trouble remembering things sometimes. I guess you could say Im a forgetful person. Just the other day I was looking for something and I forgot what I was looking for while I was looking for it. I sat back and thought about it for about 5 min, and I couldnt remember. Sometimes it comes back to me, but this time I forgot. Ill probably never know. Anyways, I forget things quite often, and I was wondering if anyone knew of some drugs, or foods/herbs (that are legal) that will help me to remember things better. Do I have a disease or are some people just destined to be forgetful forever.

My mother says I play video games to much and that I am "frying" my brain. She thinks that if I exercised my mind enough( math, books, problem solving, and such) I will be better at remembering things. I think shes crazzy, but is it possible to ....(I just forgot what I was about to type for a second) exercise ones mind? Will my mind be able to focus better or something if I work it more?

Thanks for reading

[This message has been edited by unhealthy (edited 11-03-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2002, 10:58 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Some people are more forgetful than others. There are many tricks and tips around to help you remember that you could research. So long as you don't have trouble with anything else like paying attention in class or finishing your homework I wouldn't worry about it. It you do have problems at school it could possibly be a sign of ADD. As for video games............nope your not frying your brain as your mother says but do make sure you have other interests and do other things so that it looks like you are doing more than just playing video games. My son is pc video game freak and I don't worry about him at all as he full well knows that "it is just a game."

Old 11-03-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
(female)

mikesgirl HB User
this may sound stupid but do you get enough sleep? I know that when I don't sleep enough I forget my own name half the time.

what about your diet? that could be a factor too...

------------------
No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:38 PM   #5
Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
Phosphatidylserine = PS

“In a double – blind trial with 425 people suffereing from moderate to severe cognitive defects, scientists gave half the participants PS while the others received placebo. All the people, who averaged 77 years of age, were assessed before the trial began, three months after beginning spplementation, and then again three months later. At both the three – month and six month follow up times, all PS recipients had a significant boost in memory and learning scores (Kidd 1998). In a similar double – blind trial, 149 people ages 50 to 75 were given PS or placebo for 12 weeks. All the PS participants had better memory and cognitive function, while participants in the control group remained unchanged. Most astonishingly, at the trial’s end, 57 of the participants who had significant cognitive problems before taking PS were better able to recall names and faces of new people, recite telephone numbers, locate missing household objects (such as keys and glasses), and retain passages they had read.” “Studies have shown that vitamin B12 and folic acid enhance the bioavailability of PS and also boost its production. Tocopherols, the structural compound family better known as vitamin E, are vital to a variety of neurological functions.” “In following up on a cognitive ability exam given to 11 – year – old students in 1932 and 1947, researchers tested 331 men and women from the original study. They divided the participants into two groups: those born in 1921 and those born in 1936. All the individuals were tested for nonverbal intelligence, quickness i processing information, pattern recognition, and overall memory. Blood samples were taken and evaluated for concentrations of vitamin B12, folic acid, and homocysteine (an amino acid that is frequently evaluated in those with cognitive failure and disorientation). The scientists used the earlier test results from participants’ childhood exams as a baseline to determine mental capacity, then compared the more recent test results of each group. They found that those in one group had lower test scores as well as elevated homocystein levels and insufficient concentrations of vitamin B12 and folic acid. The men and women in the other group who had higher levels of these nutrients had higher test scores, including memory ability.” “In another study reported in the Journal of Clinical Nutrition, mature people between the ages of 54 and 91 who had high levels of pyridoxal – 5 – phosphate had higher memory test scores (Riggs 1996).”
(Journal of Longevity, Cholesterol Discovery Rocks Researchers, Surprising New English Study on Brain Health, by Paul Yutsis, M.D., page 23)

More proof that natural medication is safer and more effective than conventional medicine. Just don’t forget to thank GOD and Jesus for everything.

Old 11-10-2002, 01:59 PM   #6
Inactive

OREGANO HB User
Betta.. is Right .

Go to the Health Food store and buy some

Amino Acid tablets and take two a day .

Also, read Harry Lorrayne's book at the library

" How to have a Super Power Memory " .

Closed Thread