It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2002, 10:25 PM   #1

manuhts HB User
Red face another concern about a big stomach!!!

alright, my sister is 13 and she have a big stomach!!!. she is not fat at all, she is very skinny and good looking!!. since she was very little she is been having this big round stomach like the one of a pregnant woman but without too many months yet.

she is of course not pregnant.

in her school girls have been calling her fat and stuff like that, and i am getting a bit worried about her self esteem.

my sis had an accident when she was like 2 years old, she fell from one floor and she got surgery on the brain. she could have died but thanx god she still almost perfect. the thing is that she has a weird way of being, she is not the typical girl, and you know this sort of kids are the target of stupid resenful mean kids.

anyways i would like to get some ideas of what could this big round stomach be??. i thought that at this age it would be gone already, that it was a child thing....

thanx in advance

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 11-11-2002).]

Old 11-11-2002, 06:06 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
She is only 13 so give it time. She is barely a teenager and her body will be changing lots more in the future. Remember each girl is different in how soon they develope body wise. As you already know god made each of us as individuals so no matter what her body shape or personality is she is still wonderful. One comment that I have always liked that my dad would say to me if I called him something slang when were chatting is "don't call me none of your friends names." When my kids complain of others calling them names this is exactly what I tell them to say to the name caller. I think it is excellant. Worry less about what your sis looks like and just enjoy the fact that you have a wonderful sister.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2002, 08:14 PM   #3

manuhts HB User
good one, thanx a lot!!!

ps: sorry moderator

Old 11-12-2002, 02:51 AM   #4
Super Sarah

Talking

Is she well in all other respects - such as no stomach pains or other things? It is just that being very skinny with a large stomach can be a sign of malnutrition or a malapsorbtion problem. The belly gets bigger and the rest of the body stays skinny because there is some part of the food that she is eating that her body is unable to deal with and therefore absorb properly.

Old 11-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #5

manuhts HB User
she doesnt have any problems that we know at least. she is not skinny like a stick but she is normal. her stomach looks pretty round though......

she eats fine but who knows, perhaps she is haveing the problem you say, i hope not......

im gonna talk about it with my mom

bye

Closed Thread