It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2002, 08:17 PM   #1

louiemanzano HB User
Unhappy round mass from bump

i wanted to ask information regarding what happened to me. I bumped into the dry cleaner's door hitting my rigth inguinal area,it hit so hard that even for two weeks it has bruised on it- reddish-violet brown color, size of a quarter, then this morning i have just found a round mass formed in the area, size of a pea, where it was hit. It was not here before or even after days i was hit, then all of a sudden it was formed. Im really afraid, has anyone have an idea about this?????please help!!!!!

Old 11-14-2002, 02:31 AM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

It sounds like you could have a small haematoma and it is nothing to worry about. As it is small your body should absorb this naturally without any further problems.

If you did not break the skin and just banged yourself and had bruising, then it is perfectly possible to get bleeeding under the skin, where small blood vessells burst and you then get bleeding in the tissues. As the skin is not broken, then a small lump will form as the blood has no where else to go.

This should resolve in a few days when healing has taken place and your body should absorb this back. This kind of swelling can also occur due to the phagocytic action of the white blood cells that will infiltrate the area to mop up debris to to speak, but this is a perfectly normal reaction.

If this does not resolve in a few days, then go and see a doc. Sometimes hematomas need to be drained in order to heal, but don't worry unnecessarily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread