It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
(male)

Kielbasa HB User
Angry Numbness in Fingers

I am experiencing numbness in the last two fingers (pinky and ring finger) on either hand ... not necessarily both hands at the same time.
The numbness only occurs in these two fingers and is generally confined to the last digit in either of the fingers. It doesn't seem to be associated with a specific injury ... sometimes I just wake up and they are numb. The frustrating thing is that they often stay numb for a week or longer.

This time my ring finger on my left hand has been numb for the last two weeks. This really frustrating ... I like to play the guitar and it is really affecting my playing. Also, I'm and engineer and do a lot of work on the computer ... sometimes it makes typing quite awkward.

This numbness is driving me mad ... I'm contemplating chopping them off with a meat cleaver ...... not really ..... but that would cure the numbness.

HELP!

Old 11-10-2002, 10:25 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You need to see your doc and get a referral to a neurologist. They can run test to find out what is causing the numbness and then tell you what can be done about it. Since this problem has been going on for some time you should have already been getting it checked out. The longer you wait the more damage that might be done in some cases.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

nono HB User
numbness can be caused ny multiple sclerorsis or by anxiety. Are you suffering from anxiety? Also carpal tunnel syndrome can cause numbness if you do a lot of typing

Closed Thread