It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2002, 07:49 PM   #1

supastar33 HB User
Unhappy Talking to the Dead??

I know this is kinda a wierd subject but my brother died in a car accident last december. We always were fighting and bickering until about 4 months before he died. In those few months before he passed, we had the best times of our lifes. We spent the most time together in those 4 months than we did probably in a year before then. I would give anything to talk to him again. Does anyone have any ideas how I could?? Please anything would help me!!

Old 11-02-2002, 07:58 PM   #2

carittopqt HB User
Smile

Go to his grave and talk to him. Don't be shy to talk aloud. Maybe his real person can't hear you but his spirit can hear you through your heart. You will feel his love envelop you and it will be a great comfort to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2002, 08:01 PM   #3

supastar33 HB User
I "talk" to him all the time. He gave me some of the best advice anyone has ever given to me. I need advice like that now. I need to like really talk to him.

Old 11-03-2002, 12:21 AM   #4

shellebelle HB User
Seriously, I don't think it's coincidence when people suddenly get along just months before a person's death. I've heard of it happening many, many times.

Regarding talking to your brother, going to his grave is a good way for you just to reflect privately on your times together. Or when you're lonely, you could talk to him.

Dreams are especially important, too. Try to pay attention to what comes up in them.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:13 AM   #5

supastar33 HB User
Red face

Dreams...it's funny for you to mention that. Ever since then my dreams have been EXTREMELY wierd. I have dreams about dieing, car accidents, flying, burning, racing, fighting with friends, and becoming friends with people that hate me...but the wierd thing is, I can remember them all to an extact detail.

Does anyone know where I can find a dream dictionary online or even a dream interperator??

I've also heard that dreams are a reflection of what is going on in your subconscious.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:16 AM   #6

Fergie HB User
As Shellebelle said, pay attention to your dreams. I was extremely close to both my parents, who are now deceased, and buried 500 miles from where I live so I cannot visit their graves often. However I have seen them in my dreams, looking younger and in good health, not old and ill as they were when they passed. Sometimes I get certain feelings or bits of advice and feel it is from one or both of my parents. It is a strange phenomen but does comfort me. Sometimes just a thought I have or a place I am or an object that I see brings memories back and I almost feel the prescence of my parents. Of course nothing can erase the pain of losing someone we love, but we do get the strength to get through each day. May the Lord bless you.

Ev

Old 11-03-2002, 10:53 AM   #7
Inactive

mlgable HB User
If you need to talk to your brother then by all means do so. Tell him point blank that you want his advice on something and let him know what is going on in your life etc. I am very close to lots of people who have died in my past especially my late brother in law as he too was estranged from my husband until about 1-1 2/2 years before commiting suicide. Those were some of the best times in our lives and it was my chance to get to know him. He makes his presence know in our house often and I refer to him as our childrens guardian angel.

Old 11-03-2002, 11:47 AM   #8

supastar33 HB User
Thumbs up

Thanks for everyone's advice. But what about dreams?? Does anyone know where to find a dream dictionary or something?? I have looked on the internet before but the ones I have found don't work very well.

Or can anyone tell me insight into what a reoccuring dream might mean?? I have lots of those.

Old 11-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #9
Veteran

Kamden HB User
It depends on what is happening in the reoccurring dream. I can interpret some dreams. You can call or go to any good book store, and ask if they have any books on dream interpretation. I don't know of titles, I just know they are out there. And you can talk to your brother whenever you feel the need, and he will hear you. If you cannot hear him, he may come to you in dreams. This happens to many people because in the dream state, we are more open to hearing them, and when we are awake, our minds are too busy with daily activities to receive.

Old 11-08-2002, 09:47 PM   #10

UnlivedPast HB User
I was feeling a terrible loss, when I lost my soul mate in 1995. I went to a spiritual reader, and didn't have much faith that is was going to be real, but she said things to me that were in his words. I believe he was really there talking to me. No one could ever come up with, out the blue, the things she said to me in his vocabulary. He had a very distinct way of putting things, and she made me feel so much better to have been able to have a farewell chat with him.

Old 11-13-2002, 05:45 PM   #11

AshleeD HB User
Smile

A person is only gone from the world if you allow them to be. Keep them alive in your heart and soul. Talk to him, he hears you, and he's watching you from above. Paying attention to your dreams is also something you can do. Talk to him aloud whenever you need to, it will help, and sometimes, you might even understand what he's saying in return.

~~AsH~~
*Troublesome Trio #1*

"If you don't learn to laugh at troubles, you won't have anything to laugh at when you grow old."
-Edward W. Howe

Old 11-14-2002, 07:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

tcb0609 HB User
What a good topic. My father died when I was young and I have never been the same. We were very close and I always miss him more than I can describe. I talk to him every day. If I am alone, sometimes I talk to him out loud. I can always feel him near me, no matter where I am...whether it be driving in the car or falling asleep at night. Since he died, I have had the same recurring dream at least once a week. It used to be that I would have the dream every night, but it has spaced out a bit. Sometimes, I will be struggling to find a solution to a problem and when the answer hits me a few days later, I know it is because he has given me the answer. I beleive that he is always with me. Talk to your brother when ever you need to...you don't have to be any specific place, he will hear you no matter where you are. When I was younger, I would go to his grave sometimes and that gave me great comfort, but as I got older and moved away, I know that it doesn't matter...he's not in the grave, he is with me and I know that! It has been 15 years since my father died, I am now 23. The pain does get easier to deal with, but it never goes away completely. But when it's my time to die, I know that he will be there waiting for me with open arms! God Bless You!

Old 11-15-2002, 07:16 AM   #13
(female)

veree HB User
I have been reading posts on dreams. 5 years ago my friend and neighbor was dying with breast cancer. Toward the end she felt so bad that she did not want visitors. One morning I had a dream that she came and hugged me.An hour later her husband came over and told us she had died. This would have been the exact time I had this dream. Coincidence. I think not.

Old 11-20-2002, 06:22 AM   #14

frenchfox HB User
regarding communicating with loved ones who have "passed on", I myself do have that ability as my father died suddenly 18 years ago, yet he is with me more than ever, epecially during stressful times. I also sense that he is around my son who was a baby at the time he died so a relationship did not have time to develop but my son says he feels his grandfather in his heart so 'nuff said..

Closed Thread