It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2002, 08:00 AM   #1
(male)

Kiltee HB User
Post Dreaming?

Hey guys, wondering if someone can help me with a question I have.

A few months back, I was lying in bed, just falling asleep when all of a sudden I woke up, as if something had shocked me awake. What happened next was one of the most amazing and frightening moents of my life, and I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar, or if it's a common dream.

In the split second after opening my eyes, my room (which is always pitch black) seemed to be filled with a piercing white light, and I seemed to have heard something in the distance. This, I think, is what actually woke me. It was as if an entire orchestra had played the first few bars of a thunderous symphony. I'm sure that I heard and saw these things, but refuse to believe that it was possible. I was the only one in the house at the time, and it couldn't have been the neighbours making the noise as I don't have a wall adjoining another property.

I am a die-hard atheist, and refuse to believe that it was any kind of religious apparition, but am finding it extremely difficult to explain away. I've never told anyone about it as it just sounds so far-fetched, but I'm desperate to know what it was. Could it just have been my senses tricking me as I was falling asleep? It seemed so vivid... Or could it have been something else? Has anyone else had a similar experience, or heard of a friend who has? Have they got a reasonable explanation?

Many thanks for any replies...

Kiltie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 10:36 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Since you are a die hard athiest there is no way to explain what you saw. Most people who see this piercing white light are having a near death experience and can often tell you more about what they saw at the moment they were declared clinically dead. Your best bet might be to do a seach for near death experiences out on the web and read up on what people have seen and experienced. Not sure though if will help since you don't seem to believe in any of this kind of thing.

Closed Thread