It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 11:19 AM   #1

ironlady HB User
Question Detoxing anyone???

Is anyone out there trying or has tried a body detoxification program? If so, what di you try? Juice fast, fruit, water, herbs, grains???? And how long did you go on it? 3days, 7, or 10 etc.? I'd like to try one but don't know what the best way is to start. Need help deciding. Please.
Iron lady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2002, 11:33 AM   #2
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
Why??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #3

ironlady HB User
Cool

Hi SnowyLynne,
I'd like to try detox because I work full time in a hog barn and breathe in a lot of gases. Also, because I'm busy so much I eat a lot of fast or ready made food that has all kinds of preservatives and additives in them. Plus ... I've taken a lot of different meds recently and now not even T3's are doing much for me. I've heard a lot about how detoxing your body cleans it out from all the junk left behind from all kinds of things and how some people have actually (YUCK!!) pooped out stuff they hadn't eaten in months. eeewee!!
It also is supposed to help with energy and thinking problems. Anyone wanna join me??

Ironing Out Stuff http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif

Old 11-21-2002, 08:32 PM   #4
Inactive

Twist16 HB User
Hey iron lady!

I've also been wanting to do a detoxification. I heard that if you drink warm lemon water every two hours, it will help clean out your body. I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if I want to.. because that means I can still eat all the junk food.. which just goes right back into your body. I've been wanting to do a fast of fruit and vegetable juices, but I was wondering how long do you do that for? 2 days? a week?

Anyways, if you find something, let me know! And I'll be sure to notify you if I've found something also!

~Twist

Old 11-21-2002, 09:05 PM   #5
Inactive

Twist16 HB User
I just read something in another forum.. I believe it was "Alternative Medicine".. under the topic "Detoxification" it was near the bottom so you may have to go to the next page, just look around and you'll find it.

But heres one of the suggestions that really got me interested..

(((The only effective way to detox the body of poisons and toxins is a water/live juice fast and it should be for at least 7 days. I did my first one at a health spa in Florida that was supervised. After the 2nd day, the poisons and toxins will be released with vengence which means a very smelly body and breath. At the conclusion of the fast you will be terrific clean inside and outside. Forget about consulting with a doctor unless you're diabetic or have major ailments. Doctors know very little about nutrition, supplements, fasting, etc and many admit it. Reply if you would the name of an excellent spa that specializes in fasts. Breaking a fast must be done very slowly over a 2 day period. After your first fast, you can do the others on your own. Fasting will greatly reduce your risk of illness and so will colon cleansing.))

But don't fast unless you are on perscription medication!

There is also another thing I forgot to mention, I read about Oil of Oregano online, and on these boards, and it have a cleansing effect and rids your body of toxins and bacteria.. and can even fight off candidas. Its not the cheapest stuff in the world, but its something that I'm going to try. Just go to a search engine and search for it.

[This message has been edited by Twist16 (edited 11-21-2002).]

Old 11-22-2002, 08:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
As already mentioned, this comes up periodically on the Alternative Medicine board. There are a number of books out on fasting and detoxing you could seek out.

Old 11-22-2002, 06:28 PM   #7

Drew H HB User
Just to inform you that the whole theory of
"waste staying in your bowels from months to years ago"
is completely wrong.

I remember an alternative healer telling me that i had lots of built up fecal matter in my bowels from possibly 10 years ago or so, and i would need to do a detox with fiber and colonics to get this out, because if not, i would just feel worse and toxins will keep entering my body. She said nothing else will work except detox.

Well, a couple weeks later i had to get a colonoscopy, and the preparation calls for taking a purgative to make sure the bowels are empty, which i did.

I got to watch the entire colonoscopy on a screen while he did it ( sorry for details! ) but i can tell you there was NOTHING in the bowels... nowhere to be seen.. it was perfect and clean.

And juice fasts aren't healthy for you either because you're depriving yourself of proteins needed to help the body repair and rebuild itself, among other things.

I'm just warning you before you go and try all these things because you "think" you are full of toxins.

Wait until someone qualified can actually prove and show you that you have toxins before you assume anything.
Its safer that way.

Drew

Old 11-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #8

ironlady HB User
Talking

Thanks Everyone,
I just recently heard too that going on a juice fast was dangerous because you're robbing your body of nutrients and stuff. I also had a colonoscopy a few years back and needless to say that withing 24 hours I was clean as whistle. That was why I couln't understand how something could stay in you that long. On Friday I started, along with me daughter (IronLady's Daughter on this board) a diet of whole grains (breads,pitas,cereal etc.), fruits & vegetables, 100% juices and decaf herb teas (which taste really good with a little honey then Iced), fish, and unrefined sugars such as molasses, cane syrup, brown sugar etc. I don't have the web site on hand but I'll find it again and let you know. It has a list of foods that will do great things for your body. We've only been doing this since Friday and we feel a lot better already. More energy and less blah feeling after eating. We've also started using Metamucil which adds a lot of fibre to your diet. I'll keep in touch. Twist16, you said DON"T fast UNLESS you're on scripts? Wouldn't it be dangerous for someone that has a heart condition or diabetes??

Old 11-25-2002, 12:06 PM   #9
Inactive

Twist16 HB User
Sorry about that.. my mistake. Don't fast IF you are perscription medications!

~Twist

Old 11-25-2002, 01:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Increase fiber intake GRADUALLY . . . or you could end up with some terrible cramping! (And drink plenty of water, too.)

Closed Thread